December 11, 2012

Grilled Cheese And Tomato Soup

Yes. You read that right. I am actually writing a post about having grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup for dinner. I realize that this is not a new idea. Most everyone knows how to make a grilled cheese sandwich and heat up a can of soup. But I just wanted to let any young, busy mom out there who may be reading this to know that it is alright to have soup and sandwiches for dinner. Sometimes when I watch television or read magazines,  I see meals that take hours to prepare and include ingredients that I can't pronounce, let alone find. Yes, I am a meal planner. Yes, we do sit down to dinner at the same time every night. That does not mean that every meal at our house is a meat and potato meal. We don't always include all the main food groups. Sometimes we have soup and sandwiches. And truth be told, that is one of my family's favorite meals! So when I know we will be having a busy night, I plan on heating up the oven (that's my secret...it makes them nice and crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside...) and popping open a can or two of soup. (Tomato for some of us, plain old chicken and noodle for the rest.) Easy clean up too!  : )


7 comments:

  1. Someone just mentioned on FB recently how they just had to have some tomato soup and in a bread bowl to boot! I love soup and sandwiches...any time of the day :) Glad you are enjoying the recipes. That pepper steak one ALWAYS gets my house smelling divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree. In our house it's those kinds of dinners that everyone will eat and not complain about. Breakfast for dinner is another good idea sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grilled cheese or cheese quesadillas (tortillas grilled with shredded cheese inside) are a totally a favorite at our house. As for tomato soup....I think I over-dosed on it as a kid and just can't stomach it. I'm pretty sure that my kids have never even had it...what kind of a Catholic mama am I?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yum! and you are so right...these are usually the dinners everyone loves and EATS!!:) and we are a tomato/chicken noodle combo family too!!:)
    have a happy day billie jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, those are the dinners we love as well! I loved tomato soup as a kid and still love it now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My childhood dream for dinner! We do lots of grilled cheese at our house too. Thanks for letting me know its okay ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, those recipes with a ton of ingredients that take forever to make wear me out! I JUST learned the secret to grilled cheese in the oven and my whole family loved it! Grilled cheese and tomato soup is perfect during the chilly months, too!

    Thanks for unloading the pressure to make magazine worthy dinners! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo