September 21, 2012

Weekend Plans...Homecoming 2012

The big weekend is here. Madison's that is. It is Homecoming and she is excited. As a sophomore, she is cheering her first Homecoming game and attending the dance as well. I, meanwhile, am trying to figure out how I am old enough to have a child cheering at a Homecoming game. Friday night is the game, and so far the weather looks beautiful. I plan on attending at least until halftime. By then I will be cold, and tired, and ready to head home with my littles and put my jammies on. Steve and Rhett usually stick out the entire game. He is such a good dad! Before the game, I plan on a quick dinner of chicken tacos. I can put the meat in the crock pot and fix all the toppings ahead of time, so that is a perfect choice for a busy Friday night.

Saturday is also looking busy. I will have just enough time in the morning to have my weekly coffee visit with my dad before the dance preparations begin. Madison is very good with hair and makeup, so she always does her own. She always does such a beautiful job! After pictures here, she and her boyfriend Ryan are going to his house for pictures then on to mass. Father always says a few words about all the students attending mass before the dance and it is always nice to see the kids all dressed up. After mass, they are going out to dinner then on to the dance. Steve and Rhett have a Hunting dinner to attend, so Peyton, Flynn and I are on our own for dinner. I think I will leave it up to them!

Sunday morning is free. I love having that time to fix a special breakfast and relax and read the paper with my coffee. Rhett and Steve have an away soccer game in the late afternoon. Madison has a long shift of work so Peyton, Flynn and I will be on our own to cheer on our Steelers. Dinner on Sunday will be ziti and garlic bread. Perhaps Peyton will make a special fall dessert. Well, that's how we will be spending this autumn weekend. Hope yours is happy, whatever your plans may be. Thanks for visiting!




Flynn and Teddy all ready for the Steeler game last Sunday!


           So I may have gone overboard on the seasonal treats this year...told you I loved fall!  : )

6 comments:

  1. Aww I hope Madison has fun! I loved Homecoming weekend in high school! I love all the seasonal treats! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, I'm starting to feel inspired reading your 'weekend plans' posts. Sometimes I feel like our calendar is full to the brim on the weekend and hey, it's the weekend so it's the only time I don't plan out, buy for, prepare ahead of time, our dinners. I 'wing it' on the weekends and it just makes it more crazy! I love how you have all of your busy activities planned out and the meals accordinly. We'll be away this weekend but next for sure... I'm setting myself up with a pot of tea on Friday and planning my meal around our weekend plans. I'll shop after that on Friday and prep anything that I can. Thanks for the inspiration!!! And... have a great weekend! ~tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful weekend!
    You fall goodies look yummy! I love fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a beautiful family! Such an exciting weekend for Madison!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little bit late catching up here...I hope your weekend has been going as well as it sounded it was suppose to in your post. Let me say, how WONDERFUL! it is that the kids go to Mass before their dance. That is awesome! And your little Flynn is so precious. :) May you have a blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. (wow it's been way too long since i've visited btw! sorry for that:))
    i can see little aubrey in your flynn. they would be good friends i'm sure.
    and seasonal treats and fall....my all time fav.
    have a happy day billie jo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo