August 10, 2012

Weekend Plans

Our next to last weekend before school starts isn't too busy. And I am glad! I feel like I need a rest from all this summer relaxing! Ha! Friday night my son is having a birthday sleepover at our camp. His actual birthday is in May, but since we were remodeling our camp, we pushed it back. And back. And back. But he is thrilled to be having another birthday party 3 months after his special day!

Saturday mornings I visit my father. He is a resident at the nursing home in our town. I am so fortunate he is so close by so I can pop in often. Saturday mornings are our special visiting time and I always take him some coffee from McDonald's.  He and his roommate say it is the highlight of their week!

Saturday early evening we go to Mass and then home for dinner. We have no plans this week so we can have a quiet family dinner and a typical summer evening outside. We will probably take a walk and sit on the front porch while the kids play.

Sunday we need to make one final back to school shopping trip. On top of the list is shoes! Ugh. Shoes are my least favorite shopping item. At least now that the kids are older, they don't change sizes every 3 months! My 2 older girls are also on the hunt for cowboy boots. I wish I would have saved the ones I bought during my cowgirl phase in the early '90s! Well, I hope you all have a great weekend whatever your plans may be. Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have the perfect weekend planned! ours may be a bit more hectic with soccer beginning:) enjoy every minute of it.
    have a happy day
    PS
    love that last shot
    PPS
    i had cowboy boots in the 90's too:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo