September 18, 2023

Monday Morning Coffee

Good Monday morning, my friends! How was your weekend? Autumn weekends are my favorite, and this one was no exception. Friday night was free, so Flynn had friends over to hang out and visit. They had fun playing Brain Games and Worst Case Scenario, which are beyond my capabilities. When I was her age, my friends and I sat around and ate chocolate chip cookie dough. Oh...the 80's. Good times.

Saturday we attended the wedding of our lovely niece, Rachel. She is Steve's brother, Todd's daughter, and Madison's closest cousin. It was a gorgeous wedding and the most fun reception. In fact, I stayed the entire time! Steve and Todd are very close, working together for their whole adult lives, as well as being best friends. 


Flynn and I were so happy to have Madison as our personal hair, makeup, and clothing stylist for the day!




Steve took this as Rhett was taking pictures. If you look behind them, you can see their pup, Draper, in the picture!



Christopher played for the cocktail hour, and it was beautiful.




The reception was perfect, with lots of food, family, and fun!


Sunday, we drove down to visit my mother and had a wonderful visit! She was tired but still her happy, funny self. She ate, we talked and laughed, and then we played Go Fish. I keep a deck of cards in my purse, just in case I need them! This is my beautiful mom and my awesome sister Margie. She takes the best care of Mom, visiting with her every single day. After we got home, I threw in a load of laundry, changed into my cozy clothes, and snuggled on the couch to watch some Twilight Zone episodes. I promptly fell asleep before I could even turn the TV on!



There are some sure signs of fall around here, which makes me very happy! Pumpkin Spice scones for breakfast, colorful leaves on a dew-covered deck, and Mocha in her fall attire all mean autumn is in the air. The weather is cooling off, too! We are supposed to see temperatures in the high 60s this week. My favorite. 

Well, that was the weekend. As for the week ahead, Flynn and I will do school today and tomorrow; some of the guys are heading to the Steeler game tonight, we are taking a final boat ride of the summer, and we all need to get organized and packed for some time at the ocean. We leave Wednesday afternoon and will be there for several weeks, so I need to make sure I have all the things we need. 

It is time to get up, get some more coffee, and get started on this beautiful September day. If you are a praying person, please add Steve's brother to your prayers. If not, good wishes are appreciated, as he has some health issues, and as it is not my story to tell, I do say thank you for your prayers for healing.

I will leave you with a picture of us from the wedding photo booth. When I talk about our family, this is what I mean. We love being together and doing things together. For any mom out there worrying about her little ones growing up, don't. I remember that feeling.  And I am here to tell you that the gift of family doesn't have to end. Grown-up kids are a whole new kind of fun!


Have a wonderful day!

BillieJo




21 comments:

  1. Hi, friend. It looks as if everyone had a wonderful weekend! I love your hair and dress for the wedding. And I love Flynn's jumpsuit - it's so cute on her. And yes, I will be praying for healing and strength for Steve's brother. Safe travels as you head to Maryland later this week. Happy fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely celebration, and you all look amazing in your wedding attire.
    I'm also looking forward to autumn now, and celebrating the season. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like everyone had a great time. I love Madison's outfit. Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flynn looks so grown up in these pictures. Is that even allowed? LOL! It looks like a great time for you all. I just love weddings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The nest is never really empty! What a great and fun weekend! Have a wonderful time at the ocean :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to the happy couple.
    Looks like everyone had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun you have been having. I love your header, and the coffee mug with the leaf on it in your sidebar. I see you have fall decorations in your home! Will you be showing us? Draper in the background staring out the door is adorable! Great pics of you and family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pumpkin spice scones?? I NEED those in my life:) Looks like you had a great weekend...lots of fun!! I personally love the days of hanging out while eating cookie dough. Oh yes!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My kids are all adults, and you are right. It is just a different kind of fun without parental responsibilities!___anne in the kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that last photo. What a fun group!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful weekend! Everyone looks so nice at the wedding and that last shot is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love how your family loves each other and enjoys time together. The wedding looks like it was great fun. Everyone looks so nice. Your Mom and sister are beautiful. It's no small feat to take care of a parent in a facility. Just ask me how I know! :-) I'm glad that you all enjoy each other so much. I will definitely be in prayer for Steves brother. Is it the one in the wedding photo? Todd? It's always nice to have a name, but the Lord knows who we're prayin for if you would rather not say. Wishing you a wonderful week full of blessings and love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such wonderful pictures, looks like a really fun wedding. Many healing prayers for Steve's brother. We've had some cooler nights/mornings around here. Hope you have a great week and a wonderful time at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Prayers for Steve's brother. The wedding looks great - so much family fun! Enjoy your time at the beach. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the fall look in here. Where do you get your lovely graphics? I spotted a scarecrow with your furbaby pictures. I love fall, but we don't really get the colors here in the city. That is a fun photo booth picture!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fall is showing itself a bit here and I am ready. I love weddings and everything that goes with the celebration. Your family is gorgeous and I know you are proud. I adore the last picture. Fun times. Have a blessed day dear friend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I ask that prayers be said for Steve's sibling. The wedding seems like a lot of fun for the whole family to attend. I hope you have a wonderful day at the beach.

    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/09/a-step-by-step-guide-on-how-to-style-a-green-flare-pleated-dress.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun weekend!! You guys look like you had the best time. That final pic is just the best!! Lol So adorable of all of you. ;) And yay for full Fall feels everywhere now. 😊 🍂 🧡 Now we just need to savor every bit of it. Every pumpkin spice sip, cozy blanket with a spooky book, walk with crunching leaves kind of moment we can get. Love sharing this time with you in this lovely blogland dear Friend. Have a wonderful time at the beach. Prayers sent for Steve's brother. 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely wedding. I like Flynn's outfit, and she looks so grown up in this picture. Such dear pictures of you and the family also. Black and white is one of my favorite fashion combinations. Madison has such a cute outfit on, and I love Peyton's blue. That is so special of your sister, Margie, to take care of your mom and visit with her daily. It looks like you put out a few Fall things around the house, and I love that photo of the leaf on the ground. I said a prayer for Steve's brother and his health issues. And I have to say that I LOVE your Fall Header, it's one of the most delightful in blog land. ; )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely weekend! Billie Jo, your family is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such fun and hapiness! Wonderful photos... Sending prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo