September 8, 2023

What We've Been Up To Around Here


Hello, my friends. And Happy Friday! It's time for a recap of life around here.


First up...Madison took Flynn for her back-to-school hair appointment and then for a special lunch and ice cream. Flynn is 13, and when Madison was about that same age, I was pregnant with her. Madison and her friends organized the most memorable surprise baby shower for me! Now these two have the best time together doing all the fun things!


Steve took Rhett and Kyrstin to the Penn State game last weekend, and they had a blast. Steve keeps photos on his phone forever, so he was able to send me this picture at the same time...


Who is that little cutie?
Yep. That is my Rhett at a Penn State game years ago. And...I may or may not have shed a tear.


Madison and Nicolas spent some beach time alone, and I am so happy for them. I am also thankful to them because they helped get things ready at the house down there!


Peyton and Chris are also on vacation at a beach nearby. They are vacationing with Chris' family and always have the best time!


How great is it that they met up and spent a whole day together?? I love that they have so much fun together. It makes this mother's heart so happy.


If I could sum up the joy that is Peyton, this picture would be it!


While all that was happening, Flynn was homeschooling and tubing! 


And dogsitting this little cutie for Madison and Nicolas.


As for me, I finished one of my favorite books of the summer. It is fiction but based on the actual events of the East Coast shark attacks of 1916. The author did a great job of incorporating fictional characters with characters based on real people. It is one I will keep and read again.


I convinced this guy to take a selfie with me yesterday because today is his BIRTHDAY!!!! And this is the first time since 1990 that we won't be together to celebrate. He took a quick trip down to the beach to do a few things at the house. So...Happy Birthday, Steve!!!


Shoutout to Madison for doing all the birthday things for him!


Have a wonderful weekend, my friends.
Thanks for visiting!!!

Billie Jo


Oh! This starts Sunday if you are a Walking Dead fan!!!!



 

20 comments:

  1. You are so blessed with such an incredible family. Have a great weekend and happy birthday Steve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about your family 's activities. There is always so much together time! ___anne in the kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your husband. Hope he has many, many more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so good to see the two of you! And you have the most beautiful large family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The book looks good I might be reading that one. SO excited about the house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Steve and great photos of the celebration. Awww, such a sweet doggy, as well as the little one you babysat. How wonderful that Maddison and Flynn are so close. Sweet photo of them. In fact, I loved all the photos of you and your family Billy Jo. You have every right to be proud. The book sounds very interesting, I shall keep this one in mind. I am one of the few who have not seen the Walking Dead, tsk! I hear it’s a great. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to your Steve! Your family photos exude pure joy. The photos of your son (little and grown) are so sweet. I know you are a proud mama. It's lovely when our children grow up to be friends! Have a nice weekend, Billie Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the photos. Oh my goodness heavens. When we owned our Burke's Hallmark Store, before I became a teacher, we had season tickets for years to WVU games. One of our biggest rivals PENN STATE. Of course, since we lived close to PA (shopped Pittsburgh)...we had tons of customers who went to PENN STATE. WVU has changed changed changed...the days of Major Harris...and the Coach N. are long gone...we were there the perfect season with Major Harris. That last game, I looked at my family, and I was shocked...alas...glad you guys had fun with your family...prayers

    ReplyDelete
  9. We might have been at the games at the same time...my point of the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pics of your sweet family! Good times for everyone. Happy Birthday to Steve!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Billie Jo. Happy birthday to Steve! I love the way your family spends time together. So great. I hope you have a nice weekend. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, happy birthday to Steve! Sounds like a lot of fun activities going on across the board! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday Steve! Such joyful photos my friend. Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds like everyone has had a good week! I love Flynn's new hair color. It looks great on her! Happy Birthday to Steve! I hope he had a great birthday. I love that your two daughter's and their spouses were able to meet up on vacation and spend the day together. The area they are in looks so beautiful and charming. What a great picture! Hope you are having a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday to Steve.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Our two youngest daughters are so close. Whenever they're in the same city, they spend almost every moment together! And you're right, it does my heart good! Happy Birthday Steve!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I’m so behind, but Happy Birthday to Steve 🥳 and a HUGE congratulations on his retirement! I’m so thrilled for y’all about the house in Maryland and I know this will be a fun adventure for this new chapter of your lives! Looks like the kids are all doing so great as well! That picture of your son when he was little is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are some movie star photos...seriously! Just lovely! and belated happy bday wishes for hubby. I'm so impressed that they all get together to share time...that is so rare and so special. Oh Mom, fabulous job!! Hope you 're having a grand time decorating for our favorite season and settling in. Oh, and I keep meaning to mention, my daughter and I finally got Taylor Swift tickets...for November 2024! I loved seeing your family go and now there's a mother-daughter trip in the works here!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday Steve!
    Makes my heart happy seeing all those happy smiling faces.. you must be so proud to have raised such kind children who love each other so much. I pray my boys stayed connected and loving with each other throughout the years and into adulthood.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Belated Birthday wishes to Steve. And I've enjoyed seeing all of your photographs. Your family are such a blessing. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo