September 29, 2023

September Ends

 

Hello! And Happy Friday! This was my view several times this week as we rode between the condo and the house. It is a beautiful ride from the ocean to the bay, and soon, I will be brave enough to do it myself. But not quite yet! We have been staying at the condo and working at the house doing simple things like making up beds and organizing cupboards. We plan on moving in this weekend, and then I can start decorating! 



Here is a sneak peek at our bedroom in the new house, and I am excited to finally sleep there! It needs a few more things, but it has a bed, and that is all I really need!



When we aren't at the house, organizing and arranging, I can be found in this cozy spot at the condo with my pup. 



Last night, we watched the first episode of The Golden Bachelor. Even though I have watched The Bachelor since the dawn of time, I didn't know what to expect when he was a seventy-one-year-old man. It was evident in the first few minutes that this would be a very different season, and we all loved it. Steve even skipped his longstanding date with Thursday Night Football to watch! If you are interested, The Golden Bachelor airs on Thursday nights on ABC. 


Tonight, I am going to watch The Miss USA Pageant. Every year after it ends, I swear I am never going to watch it again. And every year, I find myself on the couch, rooting for Miss Pennsylvania to make it to the Top Ten. It is a nostalgic thing, really. My sisters and I would watch every year when we were young, each choosing her favorite and marking down the scores. Bob Barker was the host, and we loved hearing him and his familiar "Come on down!" phrase he used at least once each year. So, I will watch it tonight for no reason other than my love of tradition. It airs tonight at 8:00 on The CW network. Will you tune in?



Well, have a lovely weekend, my friends. I plan on putting the finishing touches on the house and filling my kitchen with all things healthy and delicious from the local farmer's market. And although I am sad that September is ending, I am consoled because...


Thanks for visiting!

BillieJo

Google for the spooky image!

19 comments:

  1. I love that bed! Looks so cozy in your new place. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... wait, I am thoroughly confused! Did you move from the lake house / sell the lake house to the beach now? I have missed so much, it seems. I am so very happy for you guys, truly I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, my friend! So Steve and his brother actually sold the car dealerships and retired! He is still doing consulting work, but we are able to spend more time here at the beach. (Yay for Homeschooling!) We are keeping the lake house, and will split our time between the two places. A new chapter in our lives has begun!

      Delete
  3. It looks like you are well on your way to making your new house a home. Love your bed! I used to watch Miss USA as well, but have not for many years now. Have a happy weekend nesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't watched Miss USA for a long time. I don't know why I stopped. Your new home looks so inviting. I must have missed something too because I'm with Linda. Did you sell the lake house? Buy a condo? Or a beach house? I think something was said that I missed while I was in London. I tried to keep up but missed a few days here and there. Mocha sure looks like a contented little baby.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! We have had a condo here at the ocean for a few years now, and since Steve's retirement, we decided to buy a house here and split our time between the two places. We love the lake, and much of our extended family is there, so we will be spending time there too. It is easy since I homeschool, thank Heavens!

      Delete
  5. Oh rats! I meant to watch The Golden Batchelor and forgot! I will have to play catch up! I love your bedroom — so, so relaxing! Can’t wait to see more photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your new bedroom!!! It is such a nice size. and the window is gorgeous, like a bay window. I cannot imagine how exciting this is! I hope you eventually show us all the rooms, especially the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had such a good week, and are enjoying your time at the beach. Wow, your new home looks wonderful! What a nice bedroom. I hope you will give us a tour when you are all moved in and settled. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When we move the first thing we always do is make up the bed FIRST.
    I don't remember the last time I watched a Miss USA and honestly didn't even know they still had them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with the remainder of the prep. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Billie Jo~ Your new home looks amazing... I love that bed!! It will be nice to get everything stocked and ready for OCTOBER! Enjoy, Miss America! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have very similar memories of watching the pageant, keeping scores, and even betting with family members who would win. Life was so much simpler then. The house is looking great and I love the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That bedroom is lovely. I'm so happy for you to be enjoying that place and that view as well!
    I used to watch Miss USA all the time, and I of course cheered on Miss Michigan!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What an exciting time in your life! Congratulations! I'm sure you'll make your new home just as homey and comfy and pleasant as your lake home!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love what I see so far from the house! The bedroom looks gorgeous! I know y'all have been working hard to get settled in. I sure hate I missed the pageant. I used to love watching ANY pageant growing up! It was a big deal for me and my mom! Such great memories! Hope y'all are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your new house looks beautiful, from what I could see :) Like you, I've watched The Bachelor from the beginning, so of course I was going to watch The Golden Bachelor. I think Gerry is a lovely man, but the women...well, I expected more poise and less shenanigans. I get so tired of the gimmicks on the regular show and expected the older women to be a bit more dignified (most were). But some of them just seemed desperate and obnoxious. I'll continue to follow Gerry's journey, but not sure I can stomach the likes of the chicken woman or the one with the foul mouth. uggg.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Playing catch up! I'm so excited for you - and to see this amazing place! :) I forgot about the Golden Bachelor. Completely intrigues me and I'll have to try and catch it. I remember loving the Miss America pageant when I was younger - haven't watched that in ages. Such memories! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, that bachelor looks pretty good for seventy one! haha. Your bedroom looks nice and spacious. And I love when you said all you really need right now is a bed. That's so true, my friend. When I moved here, my bedroom was so small, and had to give my beautiful dresser to my neighbor cause it didn't fit. So, I just have a bed and small vanity in the room, but it works. I know your decorating will make everything look nice. Oh, so much fun for you as you decorate your new home, and I can't wait to see it all! Your pup looks so cozy there with you.....and safe. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo