December 2, 2020

Cake And Cozy








When it snows on the first day of December, and it is cozy as can be, one must bake a simple cake to celebrate, don't you think? Or in my case, enjoy a slice that your daughter so lovingly prepared. Although I shared this Manger Cake a few times before, I am sharing it again in case you missed it. We call it Manger Cake because the graham crackers remind us of the hay in the manger. 

Manger Cake


Ingredients:

  1. 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  2. 1/4 cup butter
  3. 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
  4. 2 cups flour
  5. 1 1/2 cups sugar
  6. 1 1/4 tsp. salt
  7. 1 tsp. soda
  8. 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  9. 1/2 cup shortening
  10. 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
  11. 2 eggs
  12. 1/2 cup chopped very fine walnuts
Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Generously grease 9x13 inch pan.
  3. Melt 1/3 cup chocolate chips. Set aside.
  4. Melt butter, then stir in graham cracker crumbs. Let cool.
  5. In a larger bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, soda, vanilla, shortening, buttermilk, eggs, and melted chocolate.
  6. Blend at low speed until moistened.
  7. Beat 3 minutes on medium.
  8. Pour into a prepared pan.
  9. Add walnuts and remaining chocolate chips to cooled crumb mixture.
  10. Sprinkle over batter.
  11. Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
  12. Cool, and serve with whipped cream.

Have a lovely day, my friends!
Thanks for visiting.

 







13 comments:

  1. Your new layout is really cool! LOVE the look of it! And the manger cake and snow.... well, they both look perfect to me! :) Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh, you got real snow!!!!!! Lucky you!!!!!!! We got an hour of some, but it disappeared in no time at all.

    Oh it was so nice, while it lasted, though!!!!!!

    ⛄⛄⛄

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I mentioned on your last post.... You changed the Look of your Blog!!!!!

    Wondering 'why' and 'how' and etc.? Yes, I am always so *nosy* about all things Blogging!!!!! -smile-

    ⛄⛄⛄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! And yes, I did! Back in the day, I changed my background every month! I am just like that, I guess. Now, I do it much less frequently, and I believe I have finally found the one I was looking for! I am not very good with anything other than the basics here in Blogland, so I found a template on Etsy, and a very talented woman walked me through the installation. Hope you like it! : )

      Delete
  4. Love the pretty snow! A lot of ours melted already. Although, I know more will be back! Lol That cake sounds so yummy. Love this cozy part of the world in Billie Jo blogland. I just want to curl up and have a cup of coffee and chat with you while we enjoy that view. This is next best thing. 😉 ☕️ Blessings. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like the perfect cozy snack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am envious of your snow, and that cake looks so delicious. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cake looks delicious! I made pumpkin yesterday during our snow ;) Have a good one my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cake looks really good! And your snow is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing the recipe, it sounds AND looks delicious. THE SNOW PIC is GORGEOUS! Have a blessed day, stay warm and cozy! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, it looks so Yummy, and especially with the whipped cream. The tree look beautiful all covered in snow.

    It looks like you are enjoying this wonderful Christmas season, Billie Jo. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty snow and the cake looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo