September 22, 2023

Fall Is (Almost) Here!


That's right! Tomorrow morning, fall officially arrives. Why does that make me so happy? I could list all the things I enjoy about fall: The cooler air, the colorful leaves, the cozier evenings, sweaters, pumpkin spice coffee, apple cake, and soft throw blankets. But it is not simply the things associated with fall that I love. It is more of a feeling. For as long as I can remember, fall has been my time. To me, fall is the beginning. It is the beginning of a new year of school, a new season in life, a chance to gather our things and our loved ones, just as the squirrels gather their food and retreat to our homes for the winter, where we will all settle in together.

Before we do, however, let's take a quick look back at the last week of summer.

 

Mocha snuggled on my lap for the long ride to the beach.

I enjoyed my morning coffee in the condo with an amazing pumpkin-scented soy candle.


Then it was off to the house to start making it a home. First up, fall everywhere, of course. Not pictured: piles of empty cardboard boxes, towels, and sheets strewn near the laundry room waiting their turn, and a beautiful kitchen filled with things to be washed and put away, 


We all worked for a few hours and then returned for dinner and TV. Thursday Night Football for some, Big Brother for the rest. This is the view from the bridge as we headed back. The house is about fifteen minutes from the beach. We are planning on returning for a bit today, if only to pick up some things to bring back here to wash because we expect a tropical storm later this evening!


And I had to share this with you. My lovely mother is happy and settled in her home. She is doing so well and looks even better. Isn't she beautiful?? And so kind and sweet. And happy. And she is my mom!

Well, that is all I have for you today, my friends. I plan on pouring a cup of pumpkin spice coffee tomorrow, snuggling in, and visiting your blogs. Have a wonderful weekend! And thanks for visiting!

Billie Jo


16 comments:

  1. What a wonderful place to be. You sound so happy and content. I also love fall but always am a bit sad to see it arrive as it means that winter is not far off. Winter is my least favorite season, although as I grow older I don't dread it quite so much. I really don't like to drive in the snow and that is the reason for my dislike.
    I hope you're weekend is a wonderful one.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love fall too and I'm sure it will be extra special for you at the beach! Your mom is indeed beautiful! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom looks happy and well. Enjoy fall at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Mom does look very happy and beautiful. Love the sweet photos you share and the happiness I hear today. I am an Autumn girl from way back when, my friend. Have great time settling in your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Mom IS beautiful! And content looking. I hope you will be showing your fall decorations soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Billie Jo~ As always, your mom is just lovely :0) It sounds like you are making your new home nice and cozy for fall... Billie Jo style, which is beautiful!! Enjoy these gorgeous fall days! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mom has a wonderful happy smile!! :)
    Hard to believe how fast the seasons roll around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Fall Y'all!
    Glad you are settled in.
    Your mom is beautiful and has the best smile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Little Mocha is so tiny and adorable. Happy fall to you and to your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello BillieJo! I’ve found you at last! 🙂 You were so kind to visit my blog and I’m sorry I’ve only just made my way to your wee space. Yes, I totally agree. There’s just something about this time of year that makes my heart smile. Out come the throws and recipes for warming foods.
    Your wee Mocha is a lot like our Roxy 💗
    Your mother IS beautiful and I’m so glad she’s happy in her new home.
    God bless,
    Christine (From Mrs Smith’s Home)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sending happy housewarming wishes! Can't wait to see more! Such a wonderful time of year, I know you're like me - an autumn soul - and loving every bit of it. Enjoy this time - that hot coffee, the beautiful views, the time with family. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Fall! It is a beautiful autumn day here. I hope we get many more. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy your favorite season, my friend! And your sweet mama looks beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Mom looks so happy! Hope all is well... happy fall! I'd love for you to visit my blog sometime. Miss ya, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good to hear your mom is doing well and is happy. Yay fall. I have already started making soup and a big pot of chili is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy fall, Billie Jo. Your mom is lovely as always. Enjoy your new home by the beach! See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo