March 1, 2024

What's New Around Here

Happy Friday! And Happy March! When I was younger, I looked unfavorably upon this month of March. Now, however, I look forward to the fairly mundane month's slow, steady pace that serves as a slightly shaky bridge between winter and spring. The month of March used to seem so long. As I age, it passes just as quickly as all the other months seem to do. So, I settle in and enjoy the cozy cooler days while beginning to think about warmer ones to come.

 

I've started to add a few touches to this lovely house to make it more like our home. 

And I cooked a delicious, easy meal this week that was a hit with everyone! 

No Chopping Sheet Pan Chicken

And what else? Let's see...

Oh! Yes! Flynn finally got her very own puppy! She has researched, looked for, dreamed of, and prayed for a puppy of her very own. She, Steve, Rhett, and Kyrstin traveled together, and Flynn finally held her new best friend on Monday. Meet Marty! 




Marty is an eight-week-old Maltipoo and is the sweetest little thing! He already knows that Flynn is his person and has adapted wonderfully to our family. Mocha and Cosmo are adjusting as expected; Mocha takes one sniff and promptly wanders off, not amused or impressed with this new creature. However, Cosmo instantly recognizes a new best friend and happily shows little Marty the ropes. If you have lost count, that brings our current total to three dogs, and honestly, we couldn't be happier. 


Have a lovely weekend, my friends. The weather here looks windy and rainy, just like early March days should be. We have mass on Saturday and plans to go to the movies on Sunday to see Dune: Part Two! We rewatched the original Dune this week, and I forgot how good it is! Thanks for visiting. I am always glad you do.

Billie Jo














24 comments:

  1. Marty is so cute and I imagine Flynn is in Heaven having her own puppy. The three of them, (puppies), are so lucky to have each other and your family to love them. The touches you've made around your home are lovely. Have a great weekend with your family.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marty is cuteness overload! I'm sure he will have a lovely life with Flynn! I love sheet pan dinners. We have them quite often. I have to admit March is my least favorite month of the year. Although I am a winter gal, by the end of February, I am longing for a bit of sunshine, and it seems that March (all 31 days of it) is often cloudy, windy, and cold. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great weekend. Sweet new pup! So are the other two of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new puppy is amazing, I can imagine the joy of the girl. When my daughter got her first puppy she was squealing with joy. The weather here is just as rainy even though it is March 1st. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marty is adorable! He looks like a little stuffed animal!! I love your table runner, and flower arrangement with the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Billie Jo,
    Marty has it made to be adopted into your family!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray for March!
    So happy for Flynn. Marty is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your 2nd home is looking so homey and beautiful my Friend. And oh my word - Marty is the cutest little cutie ever! Congrats to Flynn (and you all) on another furry baby. There is never too many in my humble opinion. :) Blessings on a wonderful March ahead! 💚💚💚

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the sweet little touches you've added to the house to make it more like home. And Marty is ADORABLE! I'm so happy for Flynn. Have a wonderful weekend! Ours will be one of rest and relaxing as we are hopefully coming to the end of this virus we've been dealing with.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Billie Jo! Marty is such a sweetie! How fun to have him join your family. So glad you are making your new home your own. The chicken dinner looks like a real winner! Have a cozy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marty is absolutely adorable and Flynn looks likes she's in love :) You have the cutest dogs. Have a wonderful weekend and I'm looking forward to seeing some decor pictures in the future. What a fun task :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very enjoyable series of photos. Marty is adorable! Thanks for that lovely chicken dinner. It looks delicious! Happy weekend to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marty is just adorable. What a precious wee pup. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG. That puppy is toooooooo cute.
    I love March because it starts spring.
    Cute shamrocks on your page!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my - that is a lot of puppy love in your house!! Your house which is looking so lovely. I love your touches and the photos you take. The curtains off the kitchen (is that the family room) are exactly what I would love in my own family room. Here's to a blessed March ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww! Marty is absolutely precious!! I wouldn't be able to put him down!! Haha! So happy for Flynn!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Marty is absolutely adorable! Flynn must be so excited! I love the decor you've put up in your house. Especially that lantern! I've been drawn to them more and more over the last few years.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome sweet Marty! What a super exciting way to begin the new year - it’s going to be such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Marty is ADORABLE!!!!! And I just love the little touches you are putting around your house. You never fail to make things look just right!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh that dog is just adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Marty is the cutest little pup, and I know Flynn will take such good care of him. Oh, the joy that they will have together. I'm glad he's settling in with the other dogs. Your pan chicken looks like a healthy and delicious meal. And I love seeing all the Spring touches in your home. That lantern with the candle is so pretty. Your decor reminds me of Nel's. She put a few things out in natural tones, and it adds such a comfortable and cozy feel to the house. It's perfect for your home, with the woods surrounding you. And it all looks so lovely, Billie Jo.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo