March 8, 2024

Friday Photos

Hello! Happy Friday! These weeks are passing so quickly, don't you think? This one was rainy here. Rainy and chilly with a touch of darkness. Did I hate that? Not at all. Cozy weather in March is something I will never complain about. It gives me a few more weeks of my self-imposed exile from the outside. I left the house exactly one time this week. We went to a Lenten service at our new church. It was beautiful. And gave me the little nudge I needed to continue a fruitful Lent. 

We cooked some good meals this week. Steve made one of his mother's staples, Hunts Burgers. They were delicious! We had them two nights in a row.


I made a new soup recipe on Tuesday because I knew we would be at church, and I wanted something good and warm when we got back. Earlier in the day, I threw lots of vegetables and chicken into the crockpot. 


And then, I snapped this picture with my phone because I often think it is nice to show a behind-the-scenes photo. Life is messy, and I never want to give the impression that my house is perfect! I will link the recipe for this down below, but I must say, we felt it lacked flavor. I found salt, pepper, and freshly grated parmesan cheese helped. I think maybe making it on the stove would, too, by sauteing the veggies first. 


Now, these were delicious! Flynn and I made beef enchiladas on Wednesday night. They were super easy and super good. I didn't have anything planned to serve with them, but luckily, when I put them in the oven, I thought about frozen corn. Perfect.



Last night, we had frozen pizza—just keeping it real. We also watched the State of the Union address, and that is all I am going to say about that. I spent some of the rainy days adding some touches to this house, not too much, because clutter makes my head hurt.


This is my bedside table. The flowers are artificial, but look really real! I got them and the clock at Target. The candle is a really light lavender scent that smells like a spa. Unfortunately, the scent of the all-natural, soy, safe wick candle bothers Steve's sinuses, so the lid is on. For now. : )


Here is a little corner of the family room. I literally moved that lamp there this week. I keep rearranging things, but this is finished. For now. : )


And cozy candles on March evenings make me happy. Remember, though, that we turn the clocks ahead this weekend!

Have a lovely weekend, my friends.
Thanks for visiting! I am always happy you do!

Billie Jo

Oh! Here are the recipes!




19 comments:

  1. I love seeing little corners of your home. Looks so cozy!! And I want some of those beef enchiladas! They look delicious! Happy Weekend! I'll call you Sunday! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Self imposed exile from the outside" is the best way I've ever heard it being put ... and I'm the same way through the winter season. Oh, the State of the Union, we didn't even bother to watch. That food all looks delicious. If clutter makes your heard heard I advise you not to come to my house, that's for sure. I try, I really do try but we have so much crammed into small spaces and it drives me crazy. I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, what did I write there? I meant HEAD HURT.

      Delete
  3. Hi Billie Jo! I don't like clutter either and try my best to keep at least some areas of my home clutter free. The food all looks great. Thanks so much for the recipe. Hunts burgers will be on my table soon. They look delicious! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to have to try the Hunts Burgers! Thank you for sharing the link for the recipe. The enchiladas look amazing! Love your bedside table and the lamp in the family room! Such special touches. Have a wonderful weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about your lovely reading corner. Beautiful lamp, and it matches the cabinets. The enchiladas look so good!! I may have to look for these flowers at Target, they are beautiful and real looking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your meals sound yummy, Billie Jo. I'm going to Target later and must look at their artificial florals. It's always nice seeing your cozy decor. Have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so enjoy seeing the corners of your home Billie Jo. Also, the kitchen clutter. If we cook at all, we all have it. :-) Your meals look delicious. I have to leave the house a LOT more than I would like to because of Mom. It snowed all day today, but happily it only stuck to the grass. We had appointments all day long with her, beginning at 7:45 and just got home about 3:00. I'm exhausted. Thank goodness we're going to a fish fry at a Catholic church around the corner. :-) Yum.
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Self-imposed exile....that is great! I just about how I feel in the winter...but, lately, I feel myself needing to venture out. Yesterday we were out - found a new to us restaurant for lunch that was delicious - and today, I have been home all day. Balance is key:) Enchiladas are also a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh - love this post! I think we've all had our kitchens looking like that. But you put out some awesome looking food this week!
    I love your little corner with the chair in it, and I also like your table with the candle and book. Makes me want to sit down, light a candle and read!
    Now I'm off to check your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love seeing pics of your cozy new place. :) And after reading all of this - now I'm hungry. Lol Blessings on your weekend ahead. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I rearrange too - I stop, look, talk to myself, and then move things again! Everything there looks so cozy - just as it should be. And thanks for keeping it real - making those great dishes always comes with a little mess in the kitchen! Enjoy your weekend - hate to lose that hour of sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty corner in your family room. The lamp looks perfect there. I have to say I feel hungry reading your menu for the week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the corner with the lamp and cozy chair!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The vegetable recipe looks great and I will try it. I really liked the flower corner Have a nice Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the little nook you created.. perfect place to unwind with a book or a cup of something warm. All the food look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice decor of your house! I rarely use my instant pot as a crock pot. I like meat and veggies when in the instant pot that makes meat taste better. I finally got rid of my crock pot that I put in our garage. Decluttering a bit a day has helped me and I plan on doing it to get rid of way too many things we have in our house! Another good post you did! God bless and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Frozen pizza is my go-to on a Friday evening, when I don't want to cook. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all the little touches you added to your home, especially the candles. They always make the home look so charming and cozy. I chuckled when you said that clutter makes your head hurt haha. I couldn't have said it better myself. The flowers are pretty, and I can smell your lavender candle from here. Isn't Target the best? And those enchiladas!

    ~Sheri

    **I have a frozen pizza just waiting for me tonight too. ; )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo