March 25, 2024

Monday Morning Coffee ~ Holy Week Edition



Good morning, my friends. Holy Week is here again. In our Catholic faith, Holy Week is indeed the holiest week of the year. We pray, fast, and anticipate Jesus' resurrection on Easter Day after his agony and death on Good Friday. While our focus is on the religious aspect of this week, I have always added in some of the Easter Bunny fun and continue to do so even as my children have grown. It is possible to celebrate the joy of Jesus's Resurrection while adding the fun of hidden baskets and chocolate eggs. I hope to pass on many traditions to my children so that someday, these celebrations continue in their homes. One of my favorite sayings is, " Someday you will be doing this with your own kids, and telling them that Grandma always had this candle burning on Christmas Eve, and Grandma loved having chocolates in this dish on Easter Sunday. " 






We spent this weekend at the beach, and it was windy! The waves were huge and forming so far out that watching them was amazing. I did just that, along with some reading and napping from the safe and cozy inside. What does it say about me that these are my favorite beach days? I actually prefer days like that to the hot, sunny, calm ones when the beach is filled with people, umbrellas, beach chairs,  and the pervading scent of  (necessary) sunscreen. Give me clouds, wind, crashing waves, and empty beaches any day. 


Hmmmmmm.

Today, we will tidy the condo, pack up, and drive fifteen minutes back to the house. Flynn and I will do school, I will do some laundry, and after dinner, we will finally see the dramatic conclusion to Joey's season of The Bachelor. Flynn and I hope he chooses Kelsey, she says yes, and they live happily ever after. It could happen, right?

Have a lovely Monday, my friends. 

Thanks for stopping in!

Billie Jo

Thanks, Google, for the image!











17 comments:

  1. Your weekend sounds great to me! I too enjoy this Holy Week! Brings back wonderful memories of my own grandmother and her traditions. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos of the ocean are awesome. I can't wait to see what happens on the bachelor. I pray he gets the girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've assumed it's because I've never lived near the ocean that I consider the heat and crowds to be something to endure in order to experience the majesty of the ocean. I'm with you, Billie Jo, in thinking a cloudy day and tempestuous waves would be much more appealing - sans a hurricane, of course. ;^) I hope you have a lovely and meaningful Holy Week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you blessings on this Holy Week ahead my Friend. Lovely wave pics! So cool. Reminds me of big Lake Superior here. 💙 Safe travels and cozy night ahead to you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I imagine the waves would be incredibly impressive up close!! Have a beautiful Holy Week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the photos of the shoreline are incredible.
    Have a blessed Holy Week. Anne in the kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pictures of the waves at the beach are absolutely beautiful. I'm like you...not a fan of being out there in the sun, but being able to watch and listen to those waves from the house would be amazing!

    I'm sure your kiddos will be incorprating some of those traditions you've always done with them in their own families. I think they already do carry some of those traditions into their own homes from other holiday posts I've seen. I know how special it is when our kids do that. Makes me smile every time I learn of one that our kids have carried through.

    May you have a very blessed Holy Week, my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is looking so cute for Easter. I have no doubt that your children will follow your fine example for nice holiday traditions.
    Those waves are huge. I understand about not being a fan of crowds. I can totally relate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful beach pictures. I'd love to be walking along the shore line.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those beach pictures are gorgeous!
    We are having the kids and grands over for Easter supper and will have a little egg search and some chocolate bunnies too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Easter to you and your family! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree whole-heartedly on how you celebrate Holy Week. We do much the same. We put most of the emphasis on the events of the week, but also hid eggs for the kids when they were small and had baskets too. I've noticed that our daughter does many of the same things we used to do.
    Thank you for the gorgeous ocean photos. I love to watch the waves when we're at the coast, which isn't nearly often enough.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Billie Jo! Looks like you enjoyed your time at the beach. Easter should be a day of joyous celebration. Have a blessed Holy Week and a Resurrection Day filled with happiness and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with your Holy Week celebrations, Billie Jo. Your children will indeed celebrate just like you do. The ocean photos are stunning! I love the ocean when it gets that way and always wonder at its power and glory. Enjoy every moment this glorious of all weeks brings to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bunnies and Jesus... room for both!! Happy Holy Week friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I also like the rough sea and wind so beautiful ! You’re lucky!
    Have a good week and a Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love to hear about your traditions with your family, Billie Jo. I think they are so important, and I am surprised and pleased that my children still take in many of the traditions they had growing up and carry them on in their own families today. The ocean photos are lovely as ever, and I'm with you.....I prefer an empty beach with crashing waves than an overcrowded one on a hot day. Your "Monday Morning Coffee" posts always warm my heart, Billie Jo.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo