July 3, 2014

Weekend Plans...Fourth Of July 2014

So...it is July Fourth. And that concerns me. What happened to June? And I know...every year...after the Fourth of July...the summer seems to speed up even more! And as sad as that makes me, there is a silver lining. Fall is near!!!!!

This weekend though will be filled with summer fun. My bestie Marian is coming! We are all so excited she will be spending the holiday weekend with us. I hope we don't overwhelm her with all of the excitement. : ) Friday is the Fourth, but here in our little town, the fireworks are always held on the night before. Don't ask.

Because of that, the actual Fourth of July is usually quiet around here. We cook out, watch movies, and light some sparklers outside. This year Steve is doing ribs on the grill and we are adding pasta salad, coleslaw, cornbread, and cupcakes. : )

Saturday Steve and I have a wedding to attend in the afternoon.  My friend and former neighbor's son is getting married. I cant wait to see her again. After that, we are planning on late Mass followed by pizza and a movie.

Sunday Marian has to leave...even though I keep trying to get her to stay. : ) I think we will have a big brunch before she goes...Pancakes, eggs, sausage, and fresh fruit. After she leaves, Madison has work and the rest of us will wind down and prepare for a new week ahead.

And that is what we are up to this holiday weekend. I hope you weekend is happy and sunny and safe and yummy, whatever your plans may be. Thanks for stopping by!


Madison took Flynn on an ice cream date to Dairy Queen this week.
She works almost 40 hours a week, but still misses it when she's not there!
And yes...that would be my baby in her jammies!
 
 
My oldest and my youngest. : )
 
 
We are continuing our Disney love here at home...
We are watching all the Disney movies in order.
This week we started with the first one...Snow White...
 
 
followed by Pinocchio. My kids had never seen this one, and really liked it!
 
 
My baby got into the spirit early last weekend for our friend's wedding...
 
 
and held my hand all afternoon. : )
 
 
Flynn had a wonderful lunch date this week with her sweet Aunt Sally. Aunt Sally came up and took Flynn to McDonalds and Dairy Queen! Sally is Steve's sister and is honestly one of the best people I have ever known. She has loved Flynn since before she was even born. Sally cleaned my house and brought meals every week during my pregnancy with Flynn. She watched Flynn for me during my father's wake and funeral, too. Her kids are grown now, and I am so happy she and Flynn have such an amazing bond. : )
 
 
And lastly...lots of silly summer fun in our backyard theses days...
 
 

because after all, isn't that what being a kid is all about?
 
Have a blessed weekend, my friends!
 
 




7 comments:

  1. A visit from a friend is always something to celebrate! Looks like your family is having a great summer. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely photos..and there is nothing wrong with going to DQ in your jammies! (well..maybe for an adult there is, giggles)--Have a Happy and safe July 4th! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun weekend ahead. Loved your pictures, as I always do. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it's going to be a great celebration!!! Can't wait to see pictures, have a great 4th :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 4th my friend! Come to California and spend the actual 4th with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that you have a special friend coming for the weekend... that makes me smile! Your little red white and blue girls is soooo sweet in her new dress... You love holidays more than anyone I know and love coming here to get all excited about them! Love seeing all of the fun your family is having this summer from DQ dates to water splashing! Enjoy this weekend friend, xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo