July 28, 2014

This Makes Me Happy...Zucchini

Yes. You read that correctly. Zucchini makes me happy. Now, perhaps this is because I don't actually grow zucchini. I rely on the talents of others for that. Like the sweet older man down the road who leaves it on my doorstep during the last weeks of summer. Perhaps it is because it suggests ever so slightly that the glorious days of autumn are near. Or perhaps it is simply because zucchini lends itself to so many wonderful things. Whatever the reason...as strange as it sounds...zucchini make me happy. : )


Zucchini bread. Always a favorite for breakfast or with my tea. Warmed and slathered in real butter, of course.


Chocolate zucchini cake is a summertime tradition here. Oh how wonderful the house smells when this is baking...with a hint of cinnamon and cloves. : )


A favorite meal this time of year...zucchini lasagna. : )


Madison's specialty...Pasta with fresh veggies...


And Peyton's...zucchini cake with cream cheese icing. : )



Maybe the easiest and best way we prepare it...
Simple roasted zucchini. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with garlic powder, pepper, and fresh grated Parmesan cheese. Bake in the oven until tender. And enjoy.
And zucchini may very well make you happy too!

11 comments:

  1. I love zucchini as well. My dad had a huge crop of zucchini this summer so I shredded a bunch of it and have it in the freezes.
    Now I want to make some bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love zucchini too. We didn't plant any though. I will have to post pictures of the pumpkins that are coming in. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. This all looks delicious! You have a family of great chefs! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's just awful... it's 5:33 pm, my tummy is growling and I don't know what's for dinner.... I am seriously wanting that pasta and veggies or lasagna or bread or all of it! Looks sooooo good... I've gotta go cook... something!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my. Zuchinni makes me happy too. I love all those foods and always them as a child and fried zuchinni too with breaded crumbs. And we always had old neighbors that would give it to us too and rhubarb pie. They never gave us the actual rhubarb just the pie and the funny thing is I don't know if I ever saw a rhubarb. I don't know what it looks like but the pie is delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love zucchini, but it gives me terrible heartburn. I wish it wouldn't, because I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Billie Jo, I love zucchini too! ALL those dishes look so delicious! Especially the chocolate zucchini cake. Would you please share your recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Believe it or not, you have me craving zucchini! Your zucchini lasagna looks delicious - I'll have to look into making something like that soon.

    Have a lovely evening, my friend! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had a lot of Z. this year and gave it away to any and all that wanted some. Jim makes Z. bread and we freeze it for a treat in the winter. It is sweet bread and so good with coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those recipes look delicious. I hardly ever use zucchini. I do like it, but no one else here does. I bet they'd like those cakes though. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my gosh! My mouth is watering! I LOVE zucchini! Christine usually gives me HUGE ones from her garden. Maybe she will again this year?

    Every single one of those things you pictured looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo