July 25, 2014

Christmas In July 2014

Christmas in July was fun this year...Thanks in part to the weather cooperating. It was a chilly 48 degrees this morning. : ) Here is how we spent this fun summer day...


I lit this candle first thing this morning...and all the kids awoke to the house "smelling like Christmas!"
 
 
They were excited to see a few presents from mom and dad near the fireplace. And it warms my heart that they act surprised every. single. year. : )
 
 
Flynn and I went down to the basement and dug out her favorite movie. Which we may or may not have watched on an endless loop all day long.
 
 
Except when we took a break to read this old favorite. It always amazes me how long those little batteries last in these things!
 
 
We baked a chocolate cake in these special Christmas tree cake pans that belonged to my mother. She used to make a birthday cake in them for her own mother every year. I can still remember...vanilla cake with white icing and sliced bananas in-between the layers. My Grandma's favorite. : )
 
 
At the end of the evening, we lit this sweet scented candle...
 
 
and finished off our day of Christmas fun with a slice of yummy cake.
Which is blurry because apparently I couldn't wait to have some...
 
Christmas in July 2014 is in the books. Now we return to our beautiful summer with the promise of autumn and Halloween and Thanksgiving and Christmas awaiting us in the days ahead.
Merry Christmas in July, friends!
 
 
 
 
 

13 comments:

  1. 48 degrees!!!! What I'd give for a cold morning and day!! This post really makes me want it to be Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PERFECTION!!!! I'm doing it next year for sure... remind me, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! the cake looks yummy and I would have been a hurry too. A wonderful tradition and I just bet, if I were a betting woman, that your children carry this tradition in their own families one day. Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. p. s. I do know it is Saturday, dont know why I typed Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just plum lovely! Thanks for the smiles. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cool weather sounds wonderful! We are at 101 right now!!
    It sounds like you had a fun and cozy day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just too cute! You are making so many sweet memories with your kids - love it!

    Blessings to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are awesome. I love all of this! Your kind heart never ceases to amaze me.
    "Merry Christmas ;)"

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice and encouraging blog, i found you thrue another blogger..i will certainly follow you
    dough my blog is in dutch ...i can read inglish...blessings

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another wonderful Christmas in July for your family. You are so fun! That cake looks awfully yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fun, Billie Jo. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Christmas will be here way before I'm ready for it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo