July 10, 2014

Weekend Plans

Sandwiched among the busy summer weekends is this one...Perfectly free of any prior commitments. As much as I enjoy holidays and weddings and parties, I find comfort and peace in the mundane, ordinary days of life between them. That is where I prefer to live. Among the consistent daily routine that is my life. This weekend is just that. And I am glad.

Friday evening Madison works and Rhett will be helping out at the theatre, so the rest of us will probably spend the evening outside. Dinner will be French Dip Sandwiches and fresh fruit before Madison and Rhett leave.

Saturday I plan on starting my yearly scrapbooking. Steve has some little things to do around the house...you know...cleaning the air conditioning filters, replacing light bulbs, hanging pictures...all those little projects that seem to pile up. : ) We will attend Mass in the early evening, and perhaps go out to dinner together.

Sunday is free again...Madison doesn't work until late afternoon, so I think we will have brunch before she goes. Waffles with fresh berries, eggs, sausage, and fresh fruit sound good, don't you think? And then we will probably sit on the porch and enjoy the quiet before preparing for a brand new week ahead.

That is what (little) we have planned this summer weekend. I hope yours is happy and peaceful and sunny, whatever your plans may be. As always, thanks so very much for visiting!



My baby...all ready for the sparklers last week...


and they did not disappoint. : )


Our Fourth of July was perfect...quiet and filled with food and movies and fun.


My sweet hubby brought these home for me...and they were perfect for our holiday table.


Peyton and Flynn were in charge of dessert. : )


Me and my man on our way to a wedding last weekend...and we didn't match on purpose. Swear. But it kinda works, right? ; )


Our Disney movie this week...I think I enjoyed it more than the kids. ; )


A favorite summer meal...crab cake sandwiches with a few cherries on the side...eaten outside, of course.


And yay for our small town bakery that delivers cupcakes! See that one in the front? Yep...that would be Coffee and Cookie...just for me. : )


Happy Weekend!

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect weekend to me! And that crab cake sandwich looks so delicious. You and your hubby look fantastic together. A "match" made in heaven...ha ha, get it?
    Have a great weekend, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the most organized person I know. It is fun to come to your blog and see what is going on in your family, your delicious foods and especially see pictures of your beautiful children. Enjoy the upcoming weekend, doing exactly what you said -- nothing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the slow weekends the best. Enjoy your plans and each other!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is my kind of weekend! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't recall what mundane is like. It's been too long since I had a date with the mundane. I will live vicariously through you! Enjoy your quietness this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. We had those same red, white, and blue flowers in a vase...in the bedroom my mom slept in ;)

      Delete
  6. Thanks Billie Jo, my mouth is watering for crab cakes and french dip (smiles). What pretty table settings..everything you do (and the kids) is so lovely. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your weekend sounds perfect!
    It looks like you had a wonderful 4th! Beautiful f,owners and yummy looking cupcakes!
    I love crab cakes....do you make them for your sandwiches?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Billie Jo, I wish I knew your secret. You are so slender yet you are surrounded by such delicious food all the time! :-)

    Those flowers are gorgeous as is your table. And I remember sparklers. We are not allowed them here...

    BTW I've moved over to http://little-portion-cottage.blogspot.com. I've been tweaking it and I think I finally have it all ready. The welcome mat is out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful table. I love crab cakes and french dip sandwhiches --haven't had those in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blue top you wore to the wedding... so pretty! And the fourth of july table was too! Can I come over for Disney movie night? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds nice and relaxing! And now I would like some crab cakes! Haha! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum and Yay! You sure know how to have some quality fun. I cannot believe how big Flynn is getting!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo