July 21, 2014

Reminder: Christmas In July!

Yep. We celebrate this one too. We celebrate Christmas in July for one reason...it's fun. I started this simple, fun tradition years ago when I had three littles under the age of 5. It was an easy way to add some holiday magic to our lives in the middle of summer. Friday is July 25...Christmas in July! If you want to start your own tradition this year, here are a few simple ways you can add the magic of the holidays to your summer. : )


Grab your favorite Christmas candle and light it for the day...
 
 
Whip up some simple cupcakes with holiday sprinkles...and yes. Boxed is fine. As long as it is Duncan Hines. Simply the best.
 
 
These were ours last year...
 
 
We even wrapped some up for our friends. : )
 
 
 
Wrap up a few small gifts...I shop all year and whenever I find something for one of the kids, I get it and tuck it away. In a super secret spot. That is so secret, even I forget sometimes where it is.
 
 
And pop in some of your favorite Christmas movies!
 
 
There. A super simple fun way to hold you over until the holiday season returns.
Happy Christmas in July!
 
 
 
 

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! Merry Christmas in July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun!! Can't wait to see pictures from this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Idea. You children are going to have so many wonderful memories. I applaud you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh. I think we'll do something Christmas-y on Friday! What a good day time activity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling way to celebrate an already beautiful holiday. Your family looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've said it before and I'll say it again...I like your style!!! ♥ What an awesome tradition! I want to start doing this! I love Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so cute and you're household is so fun :) Merry Christmas in July!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I have never thought of doing a Christmas in July. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how fun! I have never done this, but would certainly love to. . .and I know my son would enjoy it as well :)

    Hugs to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun idea, Billie Jo. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this idea and am trying to figure out if I can make this work on Friday..
    I love all your traditions!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this idea! How fun! I hope to one day have a flexible enough schedule to be able to do neat things like this with my kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Billie Jo, Ho Ho Ho(w) sweet! I can imagine that one might forget about the heat of summer with a touch of Christmas. Our next door neighbors were (the boys are now grown) visited by the "summer" Santa each year. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo