July 17, 2017

DelGrosso's Amusement Park

One of the things we do every summer is the annual visit to our favorite family amusement park. We don't actually choose a day, we just wing it and watch for a rain-free-not-too-hot-afternoon. One day last week, we had the (almost) perfect day. It was a bit too hot for me. But the kids? They hardly noticed. : )

Annual "pose in front of the sign" picture for the kids...

And the adults.
So happy Heather and Dave joined us this year.
And also sooo thrilled I left my sunglasses in my purse for this picture.

One of the things I am most proud of and thankful for is my older children always happily willing to make these days special for Flynn.

They ride everything with her!



And some without!!!

Smiles afterward. : )




Lots of rides...



Pictures...

Games...

And food.
Always food.
Not pictured: cotton candy, funnel cakes, ice cream,
and even a deep fried Twinkie.
I do not recommend that last one...


It was a wonderful day together.
Watching my oldest take my baby on the same rides I once took her...
Walking through the park with the same four children I once pushed in strollers...
Laughing about old times while making new memories...
Yep.
A wonderful day.











18 comments:

  1. I love the posts the most when your whole family is together, happy and making memories. So much to be thankful for, right Billie Jo? So glad that you've got this one tucked away to think about all winter long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful tradition. So sweet that they take such good care of little sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We pass that park on our way to and from Penn State. We live about 90 minutes away from it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun time with your family! I love that it's the kind of tradition that happens sort've spontaneously. Just a wonderful goal for me as my kids get older.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Billie Jo, what a delightful day! I don't think I'd care for those fast scary rides! Yikes - or that friend Twinkie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun day! I enjoyed seeing the pictures! Love memory making moments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful day! I look forward to this post every summer! The thing about tradition is it builds more memories every time! I love how all your kids support and help each other and genuinely love being together ♥ Looks like they had an amazing day!! I say Yes on the ice cream and funnel cakes, but NO way on the X Scream Terror! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Billie Jo!

    I have had such a great time looking at your past posts! What a fun summer you and your family are having! I loved your cruise photos . . . that beach looks like heaven! And now, you are off to the park! Wonderful photos, what a beautiful family you have! Flynn is growing up so quickly, but wow, she has some great role models...loved it all!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like an amazing day out, a wonderful tradition and lots of great memories to savour in those winter months.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great day!!! So lovely to do these things together as a family. I fear that I would only be able to manage the Flynn friendly rides as I would be too scared for the other ones!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow -- what a great amusement park!! Is there anything better than funnel cake and rides?? Great photos! Finally got my blog going again after photo*bucket attacked it, but it deleted my followers! Boo hoo. Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fablous day with those you love! It doesn't get any better than that, my friend :)

    It was a delight to pop in for a visit this morning. Thinking of you and sending hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a perfect summer fun escape! I think I'd skip the deep fried twinkie too. Ugh! :( Great pics Hon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Family fun is the best kind of fun!! Your family certainly took it al in, especially trying a deep fried twinkie, yeah no for me as well. You have the sweetest girls!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great times to repeat with your family. Everyone looks so happy and full of joy! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo