July 21, 2017

Weekend Plans...Or Not

This week was full of all the summer fun. From swimming to boating, we covered it all. Fortunately, we have little to no plans this Saturday and Sunday, except to spend some quality family time together. Friday we are traveling to the big city to spend the day with Marian! Tentative plans include The Cheesecake Factory and War For the Planet of the Apes. Good times.

Here is a quick recap of the fun had this past week here in our country home...


We snapped a few pictures of Flynn before Mass...

In this adorable new Snow White dress I found at The Disney Store online. : )
Highly recommend.

On the way to mass selfie with the whole gang...
Well, minus Steve.
Someone has to drive. : )


I have yet to find my favorite Blackberry Lemonade anywhere the year!
I had to settle for Strawberry when we want to Hoss's after mass last weekend.
Ok. So maybe it wasn't that bad.

Our Sunday afternoon Surf-n-Turf dinner was amazing!
Steve's prime rib was perfect, and my friend Heather's crab cakes??
Unbelievable.

We visited for hours, and then enjoyed Peyton's blueberry pie for dessert.
This is our favorite blueberry recipe, compliments of my Bloggy friend Patty.


Monday found us visiting with Steve's brother Todd, his wife Beth, and daughter Rachel. 
We love spending time with them!
Although we don't do it enough.
And yes. This is their backyard.
It is AMAZING!
As was the dinner of beef kabobs and baked potato bar they served for dinner. 
And the strawberry jello cake we had for dessert. : )
We had a wonderful evening visiting with them, and promised to do it again soon.

Tuesday Flynn had swimming lessons.
The only picture I have is this selfie with my Madison!
The rest of the time we were watching our little one learn to swim.
The swimming lessons are at our old home.
Steve and I built that house and moved into it with just Madison.
We brought two additional babies home into that house, and we were all excited to see it again after so many years.
The new owners are a young couple, just as we were, with one small daughter.
She invited Flynn to take private swimming lessons with her daughter.
And she was soooo kind in letting us walk through her beautiful home.
It brought back so many memories.
I was also so happy to see the house that we built being loved by a brand new family.

Wednesday we all went boating with our friend Justin and his adorable girlfriend Gina.
You may remember Justin as the guy who comes and cooks us chicken.
He is a super young man, and invited us to go out on his new boat.
It took some convincing for me to join in the fun, but I am so glad I did!
It was a blast!
And I was so happy and thankful they invited us.







My favorite picture of the day?

Justin helping Flynn before he took her out on the tube. : )

We all came back to the house and had pizza.
Then Madison and Nicolas made us some delicious crepes for dessert.

Thursday we stayed home.
Except for a run into town for some hot fudge sundaes from McDonalds.

My oldest gave my youngest a manicure...

And I spent some time on the porch with my shadow.

Have a wonderful weekend with your people, my friends.
Thanks so much for visiting!













12 comments:

  1. What a fun week you had with those you love. Hope your weekend is quiet, restful and loving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW you had a full week. That ice cream sure looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen McDonalds hot fudge sundaes look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Billie JO!

    Can I come live with you?! What a fun week! Your photos were wonderful, it's so fun to watch your family grow and have fun together! I think it's so wonderful that you are having Flynn take swimming lessons at your old house. What wonderful memories must flood your senses each time you are there...amazing!

    I hope you have a wonderful, quiet weekend my friend!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is an amazing week! You are so blessed my friend! I hope your weekend is everything you want it to be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were busy! And you're right, Steve's brother's backyard IS amazing! I love the idea of getting to see a home you used to live in. I have a recurring dream where my husband and I buy the house I grew up in. It's in a different state so I don't expect it would ever happen, but the dreams sure are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Billie Jo, your week was jam packed with fun and delicious food! What a wonderful summer with all your children home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a wonderful week with your family. I have been able to visit three of our "old" homes that we lived in over the years. Two of them were great and one of them was a rather sad experience. I am glad that you loved the way your old home is being loved and cared for by a new family.

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Billy Jo. I love the pictures of your family! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a wonderful week! I love Flynn's little dress, so cute! Also, I must say how lucky you are to have your girls fix your family such yummy treats! They look delicious. Have a nice weekend. Hugs to you. Juli

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Billy Jo!!! Looks like you all are having a wonderful summer!!!! Love all of the photos

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like such a wonderful time! Have a wonderful week!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun I like the group selfie ; )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo