November 8, 2012

(Long) Weekend Plans

It is a long weekend for us! Hooray! It is also our last "lazy, free" weekend for a long time! Friday night we are traveling out of town for a 25th Anniversary party for Steve's brother and his wife. I can't believe it has been that long. Their wedding was the first family event I attended with Steve's family. I remember it like it were yesterday!

Saturday morning I will be visiting with my father for our weekly coffee date. I am going to de- Halloween his room and get it ready for a few Christmas decorations! After that, I plan on a quiet day at home with my family. Makes me happy just thinking about that! Saturday evening we will attend Mass and then return home for dinner. I plan on marinating some chicken breasts during the day and popping them in the oven when we get home. I will serve them with a vegetable and some baked potatoes.

Sunday morning is free. In fact, our whole day is! I will probably sleep in until at least 7:30 and then have a relaxing morning with my family and the paper and perhaps some coffee cake! Sunday afternoon I may take some time to do a deep housecleaning. Believe it or not, I am actually excited about it! I have a weekly cleaning schedule, but every now and then I like to do a deep clean and with everyone home, I will have lots of help! I like to give the house a good cleaning before we start decorating for the holidays. I am just funny like that... : ) Now after a hard day's work of cleaning...take out pizza may be in order!

Monday my littles are home from school and we just plan on spending a quiet day together. One of our favorite things to do...now don't laugh!...is watch old game shows on GSN together! They love those old ones... you know, those really old ones I used to watch in high school...like the $25,000 Pyramid and Password. It is the simple things in life that make me happy! Well, that's how we are spending our weekend. Hope yours is happy, whatever your plans may be!

Madison and Ryan before the Halloween Dance. I loved their costumes!

Look what I found at the store!

Have you tried these yet? They are soooo good!

Flynn sporting the first of the Christmas jammies this year!








6 comments:

  1. I love Ryan and Madison's costumes. Such a great idea!! I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute costumes! I love all of the yummy looking holiday goodies you found. Tomorrow I am going grocery shopping and I plan on looking for the cranberry english muffins.
    I am looking forward to Monday off as well. I hope we stay in our pjs as long as possible and just being home with nothing to do.
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how Madison and Ryan's costume turned out! Too cute! I hope you have a wonderful three day weekend! I used to love the shows on the GSN when I was little too! :) Well, I still love them, but we don't have cable so I never watch them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those costumes are so cute! The weekend sounds full of fun! I laughed at how 7:30 is sleeping in... thats my life too:)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chiming in late here, but I hope you are having a great weekend. The hubs and I had a real romantic afternoon...in the garage...cleaning out! LOL It needed it so badly and I can't believe he parted with so much. Have a blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS - Those were GREAT costume ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo