November 21, 2012

Giving Thanks



Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day and we will be spending it together. Just the six of us. My whole world together for a quiet, calm day of family, food, and fun. We are fortunate to have my parents here on Christmas, so I have to share them with my sisters on Thanksgiving! Only fair I guess! Steve is one of seven, so his mother takes turns as well. So we will spend the day in our jammies, watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade start to finish. We will eat turkey and mashed potatoes and stuffing and pumpkin pie. And like so many others, we will give thanks for the oh so many blessings God has given us.

I am thankful for so many things...way too many to list here. (After all, I am sure you have much to do to prepare for tomorrow!)  I am thankful for my wonderful husband, and my four sweet children. For my entire loving family. The cozy home I live in. The clean water I get just for turning a tap. The soft bed I sleep in. The food in my cupboards. The health I take for granted.

I am thankful for my dear sweet best friend Marian who I met the very first moment of college and have shared joys and sorrows with every day since, even though she lives far away. I am thankful for my new blogger friends who have been so very kind and welcomed me into this wonderful world of blogging with friendship and open arms. And so I wish you all a safe, happy, cozy day of family and food and love and thanks. Relax and enjoy and settle in. The best time of the year is just ahead!

5 comments:

  1. Your day tomorrow sounds perfect! Enjoy the cozy and the food and your precious family! I know it's going to be a great day. Thankful for your freindship. Your sweet comments always brighten up my day! Have a lovely day tomorrow friend, tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving Billie Jo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Thanksgiving sounds wonderful...my kind of day home in my pjs with my family

    I was just thinking how thankful I am for some of the great friendships I have made through blogging in 9 short months. Have a wonderful day my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurrah, I give thanks for my loving, generous, funny, devoted friends... Wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo