December 27, 2021

The Week In Between

 

Merry Christmas, my friends! I hope your Christmas was everything you dreamed it would be. A "Merry Christmas" means something different to each of us, and I pray you enjoyed Christmas in your own way. We certainly did here with family, fun, food, and home. Now we enter my most favorite week of the year. This week in between has always been a chance for us to spend time together, play new games, watch the Christmas movies we didn't get to yet, nibble on cookies, wait for Daddy to get home, and look forward to a brand new year. 

This week has changed of, course, as my children grew. It used to be we spent days in our jammies, playing with new Barbie houses or assembling Match Car garages. Now, two of my children have their own Christmas homes, but I am sure they will be here often. My Rhett goes to work, but he joins in on the fun when he gets home. Flynn and I will spend our days in our cozy clothes and open some of her new Legos and games. I have one appointment, and we are resuming our annual visit to my sister Margie's house for pizza and presents, after skipping last year because of Covid, but other than that, we will be home here together. 

Then in the blink of an eye, New Year's Eve will be here, and we will celebrate the end of one year and the beginning of a new one. At home. With food, fun, and family, of course. I will check in here this week and resume posting again next week. Until then, thank you for your friendship, visits, comments, and blogs, which bring me so much joy. 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, my friends!
Enjoy!

Billie Jo

16 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite weeks as well.
    Enjoy every minute of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely week. We are in Texas for a little "mid-winter getaway" in the sun. Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful week and I know you'll enjoy the rest of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas and after. We had a great time with kids and grandkids, so much fun, now it is quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a perfect week, my friend. Wishing you and your lovely a family a belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas, Billie Jo. Enjoy this time in between. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas, dear friend! Enjoy a cozy week. I'll be thinking of you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds wonderful to me. My grandma moved to Heaven last week, so we'll gather for her homegoing celebration. Other than that, it will be a quiet week with just one or two gatherings with friends.
    Be blessed. Thank you for sharing your life with us. May your coming year be the best yet!
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage
    who will never forget your kindness to her and her family

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Billie Jo~

    Things do change when our kids leave home...but it's a good change! I always loved it when my children came home after they were married, even if they lived close, it was such a treat and still is! Enjoy this quiet week, before the New Year!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Billie Jo, it sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. I love this week between Christmas and the New Year. I have to keep reminding myself what day it is! Sunday felt like Friday to me and I'm not sure what today feels like, but I do know that it's Monday. We are going grocery shopping in the morning and for take-out tacos for lunch. I'm planning to make a sticky toffee pudding for the first time for NYE dessert and my daughter is begging me to make lobster mac & cheese like I did last year. We were thinking we would order take-out, but maybe I'll give in and make dinner at home. Anyway, it'll be great whatever we decide to do. Take care and have a cozy week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to hear you had a wonderful Christmas, Billie Jo. We did as well, and saw all the family before Christmas, so the week after is slow and quiet and very nice, as I clear things out for the new year. I was happy to have a White Christmas this year, about a foot of snow. Have fun at your sister's house eating pizza - there's just something about a Yummy pizza shared with loved ones. I like your little gnome and candle, so cute. May the new year bring you many pleasant surprises, Billie Jo, and I look forward to reading more of your delightful blog posts coming up. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope your week is calm and cozy!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy this cozy week with your family and Happy Almost New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your week sounds wonderful! A chance to rest and really enjoy the season. We've had a lot of snow this week so our building has actually been closed for 6 out of the last 7 days. I told a co-worker today that I wished we'd close the building "the-week-in-between" every year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wishing you joy in these peaceful moments in between. And I wish you and your family a very healthy, fun and Happy New Year ahead Billie Jo! 🙏🌟

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo