December 17, 2021

One More Week


Hello, my friends. And Happy Friday. The last before the festivities of Christmas commence. Mocha is ready with her new hoodie, but not entirely. She is overdue for a trip to the groomer, which thankfully is Monday. As for me, I am getting there. Gifts need wrapping, menus need planning, and groceries need ordering. An advantage of age, I believe, is perspective. What gets done gets done. What doesn't, doesn't. What matters is us. Together. With some cozy tree lights, soft music, and festive foods. Here are a couple pictures of our little lake home at Christmas.


This week, Madison and Nicolas welcomed us all into their Christmas home for dinner and a movie night. (Another new tradition!) It was so lovely! They had fresh fruit and cheese and crackers, soup and sandwiches with various spreads, and cake for dessert. We played a game of Christmas Trivia and then snuggled in to watch a movie I had never seen. Are you ready for this? We watched It's A Wonderful Life! I had never seen it! And I loved it. Thank you, Madison and Nicolas, for a beautiful evening!

This is their tree. It is so beautiful! Their home is decorated with so many festive Danish touches, I felt as if I were in Denmark! I love that they embrace and celebrate Nicolas' beloved Denmark's joyous and beautiful culture. 

Well, that is all for now, my friends. Have a cozy weekend doing whatever makes you happy. Stay safe and healthy!

Billie Jo


10 comments:

  1. How wonderfully cozy!! I love Mocha's little sweatshirt! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Billie Jo~

    Thank you for sharing your cozy traditions with us, I love it! Madison and Nicholas' tree is just beautiful, as is your sweet Mocha and your gorgeous home! Happy Friday!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Billie Jo, your home looks so pretty and festive and cozy. I love your perspective on Christmas - if it gets done it gets done and if not, it's all going to be just fine. I still have a few gifts I need to wrap and a little more grocery shopping to do. But I will say I'm trying to sit back, relax and enjoy my family and the tree and all the lights and being together. Have a cozy weekend, my friend. Mocha looks darling in her new hoodie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you and your family are having a cozy Christmas! Mocha is so very cute!!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched "It's a Wonderful Life" earlier this week, but I have seen it many times. I love your tree and you have the most beautiful home. Merry Christmas week to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love "It's a Wonderful Life" and hope to watch it at least once this Christmas season! Your home looks lovely all decked out for Christmas. Madison and Nicholas' home is lovely too. Have a wonderful Christmas, my friend! P.S. I was excited to get your Christmas card in the mail today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE YA! And love spending time together with you - especially this time of year ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and festive, your home and theirs! What a great time of year to spend with family! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo