December 20, 2021

Happy Christmas Week!

Here we are, my friends. At the beginning of this most special week of the year. We are preparing for the magic of Christmas and all that it means to each of us. Whatever that is for you, I hope you enjoy each moment of preparation and then the fruits of your labor with the people you love. In other news, here are a few pictures of how we spent this past weekend together.


Saturday evening, I was preparing for bed when Nicolas called. He asked me what I was doing, and I told him I was applying toner to my face! He asked what I was doing after that. I told him I was putting on my pajamas?? Why? He said that he and Madison were going to watch a Christmas movie and wanted us to come over. Well, it is Christmas and so why not? Steve opted out because it was late, but Flynn, I, and Mocha grabbed a blanket and headed over. We snuggled in their cozy house and watched one of the best, underrated Christmas movies ever! If you have not seen it, please do! It is called Noelle, and it is so good! Madison set out some Danish cookies, and we had a wonderful time. 

Sunday morning, we watched a beautiful mass for the Fourth Sunday of Advent from home. 


I also found some time to relax with a very good Christmas mystery in my cozy bed.

In addition and not pictured, I loaded and unloaded the dishwasher several times, sorted and washed, dried and folded several loads of laundry, organized and helped wrap presents for friends and neighbors, thought about without deciding on the menu for Christmas, and mopped the downstairs floors. Was there more to do? You bet! Did it bother me that I didn't? Nope. Thirty-year-old me? Yep. Fifty-two-year-old me is much older. And wiser.

How about you, my friends?
What are your plans for the week?
Whatever they are, enjoy!
We dream about this time of year, and it is finally here!

Billie Jo













 

12 comments:

  1. LOVE that you spontaneously accepted a spontaneous invite! How nice!!! It's so special to have your grown kids nearby, and to have your grown kids as your friends. My oldest son, after a rocky teenage time, then being in the Army and living on the west coast, moved ten miles down the road a few years ago, and I am still treasuring the fact that he's close by, and grown up and is good and responsible and kind and, he stops by sometimes just randomly for coffee...I am so absolutely thankful for it. It's all we want for our kids, to grow up and be our friends, ha. Thank you for sharing, your place looks so Christmas-y and comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your movie night sounds just perfect. It's what Christmas is all about, sharing time with those we love. I love how you are embracing the season. I'm being intentional about that, too, especially enjoying the time when my family gets to come to town. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You Christmas mystery sounds good. I will look for that one and read it next Christmas. I just downloaded a biography of St. Nicholas (the real saint) to my Kindle and am reading that this week. I always love pictures of your cozy home. Sounds like you had a very nice weekend. Enjoy the week ahead. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love Noelle!! So glad you could have a great movie night together spontaneously. It's going to be a good week isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you are so relaxed about Christmas, Billie Jo! It took me longer than you--In fact I still am working on that at 72! Blessings and love to you and your sweet family as we celebrate the birth of Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOw fun to just throw off convention and go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Christmas bedding! How wonderful to be so close to Madison and Nicholas you can just zip on over for a movie. It sounds like you all had the perfect weekend before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your spontaneous movie night sounds just perfect! I just watched the trailer for the movie and it looks fantastic. I'm thinking we will plan to watch it tomorrow evening. Also, I love your cozy Christmas bedding. Happy Christmas week to you! We are going out to see Christmas lights in a cute little town forty-five minutes away on Wednesday evening and we will likely pop into one of the cute cafes for dinner. It's town that reminds me of a Hallmark movie every time I visit. It should be a fun evening.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun that you took the invitation to go enjoy a movie with your family! Those spontaneous moments are often the very best. Your Christmas bedding is perfect and looks soooo inviting. I miss reading in bed. We have a Sleep Number bed which is just not good for that...and my hubby tends to go to bed much earlier than I do. Like you, my younger self would have been stressing so very much about now, but now I've learned to do what I can and let go of what I can't. A good 99% of the time, the things I killed myself to get done no one missed if I didn't do it. That was eye opening. All the stress was my own doing! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard of the movie "Noelle" but I've never seen it. Sounded like a cozy evening with Madison and Nicolas! Your sheets are just too cute and cozy looking. I think I'm about 90% done with what I need to do here. Our spare bedroom is loaded with Christmas gifts, our luggage is almost packed and Wednesday morning we head out to spend Christmas with family. Excited, but a little nervous as well. I wish for you a very merry and cozy Christmas with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have seen previews for Noelle but haven't watched it. I am so glad you had a last minute movie night with your daughter and son-in-law. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time leading up to Christmas. I hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wanted to tell you about the Mass that I've been watching for Advent as well. It's with Father Mike Schmitz, and he really gets to the heart of people, young and old. He says something each and every time that I can relate to in my own life. He is wonderful. I wanted to let you know in case you ever want to watch Mass with him. Your bedspread with the deer is so cute. I'll have to check out the movie, Noelle. It sounds like a good one. Movie night with your daughter and son-in-law sounds so nice, and some Danish cookies, even better. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo