June 16, 2023

Summer Days

 Hello! Good Friday morning! Today dawned cloudy and cooler, not unlike most days here in Pennsylvania so far this summer. Flynn took these photos early one morning this week, beautifully showing a typical June morning in our little part of the world.



The weather so far has been more springlike, without the rain. We need rain here, and although each day brings the forecast of showers, we typically see a few sprinkles here and there. Our morning swims in the lake will wait, so until then, we are making due.



This week we celebrated a couple birthdays with some special people. My super sweet friend Heather had a birthday, and we met for dinner. We, of course, managed to wear matching tops and sweaters. Like from the exact place matching. Loft, if you were wondering!



And finally, we celebrated one of Peyton's friends from childhood, Grimace! Did you know McDonald's is celebrating his birthday??? Peyton has always loved Grimace, so we were happy to have lunch and try his birthday shake. Well, they did! Reports are it is delicious. Like a vanilla and strawberry mix?


Before I go, I want to answer a few questions from my last post about my cozy kitchen. 

~ I used the vegetables to make an easy pan of seasoned vegetables to go with dinner last night. I chopped up a white potato, a sweet potato, broccoli, cauliflower, a pepper, an onion, zucchini, and carrots and drizzled them with olive oil, salt, pepper, and Mrs. Dash. Then I baked them for about an hour at 375 degrees. The one thing I have learned is to cut the vegetables roughly the same size so they cook evenly.

~The electric kettle is a favorite! Peyton had one and told me how much she loved it. Now we have one and love it too! It heats the water up so quickly. We use it every single day.

~The mat in front of the sink is a cushioned mat that doesn't slip. It also keeps my feet from getting sore. I am trying to remember where I found it, but I am sure Walmart would have something similar.

Well, that is about all, my friends. I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your people. Tonight we plan on visiting my mother with one of her favorites, a strawberry milkshake. Sunday, we celebrate Steve and remember our amazing dads on Father's Day. And in between? Well, I will give you a couple hints...






Yep! We are heading to Pittsburgh to see Taylor Swift! Last November, Madison, Nicolas, and I spent an entire morning maneuvering the Ticketmaster website and were able to get tickets! Madison has been a faithful fan since the very beginning. She has been talking about this tour since before it was even announced. I am so excited for her and am looking forward to a fun evening! I will report back here on Monday.

In the meantime, have a wonderful weekend, my friends.
Thanks for visiting!

Billie Jo


( Era Tour Photos from Google. )




12 comments:

  1. Enjoy the show! We are having a family weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am so impressed about your tickets! I saw on the news that they cost thousands of dollars. But just yesterday I saw that the government or someone intervened and made it more fair. I hope you can get photos and show us! I think she changes into over 20 outfits and performs over three hours! Thanks for answering all my nosey questions!! Peyton and her friend are beautiful! You and Heather are so cute. I love the fog photos!! Fog just seems to make everything softer and take the harshness out of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the show! My daughter would be jealous if she knew but there's no way I could afford those tickets. I know a lot of people who went to see her in Philly and loved it. Also, yes, Pennsylvania could use a little more rain. We had a downpour this morning but it's been dry for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our son & DIL in London have an electric kettle and it always amazes me just how fast the water heats up. We're supposed to have thunderstorms tomorrow. We really need the rain, but I sure hope the severe stuff stays away. My sister, niece & husband and Dennis & I just got tickets to see Home Free right here in Omaha for their Christmas tour. We're so excited. We've been folowing them for years, since they won one of the singing shows and have been to several of their concerts.
    Have a wonderful time at the concert!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh - fun times ahead! I love that you celebrated Grimace. I didn't hear about that.
    It's pretty in the morning - I love the mist!
    Somehow I missed your kitchen post. I enjoyed seeing your cozy spot and now I'm interested in that griddle and tea kettle too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We just had the Grimace birthday dinner tonight...fun! And I'm sooooo jealous...my daughter and I tried like mad to get Taylor Swift tickets with no luck, she was crushed. And I admit, maybe I'm a little "old" to be a fan, but some of her songs are spot on for me. Oh my, you and I could have met, Pittsburgh was where we wanted to go! I hope you're having a ball...can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool that you get to go see Taylor Swift! I am a huge fan as well, but will not be going to any of her concerts. Hope you have a great time! See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so jealous of you and happy for you in the best best way. I was definitely one who didn't win the ticket master battle. Bucket list for sure!! Can't wait to hear allllll about it!! I love that you and Heather matched. What a kick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your trip sounds amazing! Have a wonderful time. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, all of that and Taylor Swift? I hope you all had the best time ever! Can't wait to hear all about it. Enjoy your day and that morning view! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I would go just for the earlier songs and the show I'm sure she puts on. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo