June 12, 2023

I Want To Remember ~ A Sunday In June Edition

Good Monday morning! I hope you had a lovely weekend in your part of the world. Our weekend was filled to the brim with family and fun. I wanted to post a few photos of our Sunday so that when I look back, I will remember the stories behind them. Steve and I started the day on the deck while I had my coffee. It was a beautiful day, not too hot, not too sunny. We had the cutest visitor join us, and Steve was able to snap a few pictures...

 


So precious. So new. But don't worry. Momma wasn't far away!


We had some fresh strawberries and blueberries to use up, so I made some waffles for breakfast. I want to remember how Rhett texted me from upstairs to ask if there were waffles, perhaps because I may or may not have strategically placed the waffle iron directly under his bedroom. 


Later in the afternoon, all the kids came over for boating and dinner. It was fairly impromptu, very casual, and one of the best nights ever! I want to remember going out on the lake and Peyton and Flynn tubing together. I want to remember looking at them and thinking about Peyton pushing a tiny Flynn on the swing set and how quickly the years flew by. 


I want to remember being in that boat, watching the kids help and encourage each other. Kyrstin helping organize the lifevests, Rhett and Christopher spotting and helping from the back, Peyton smiling and laughing, Steve driving the boat, and being so happy that his family was having fun. I want to remember Christopher explaining to Flynn how to use the kneeboard and everyone else encouraging her to try. And then, when she got it on the first try, everyone being so excited for her! I want to remember Nicolas and Madison back at the house, unloading the grocery delivery I forgot all about and getting everything ready for dinner while we were out.



I want to remember how all the kids take such care of making sure I get out of the boat and back onto the dock, mainly because I forget I am not sixteen years old anymore, and jumping off the side isn't the best idea anymore! I want to remember all the kids helping with dinner, Madison having everything ready when we arrived, Kyrstin helping Steve with the burgers, Rhett making last minute kool-aid, Peyton bringing cupcakes and chocolate-covered strawberries, and everyone else getting plates ready to eat. I want to remember that I stopped for a moment and looked around that bustling kitchen filled with my family, feeling so very thankful. And then eating the most fantastic dinner of hamburgers, french fries, watermelon, and Madison's tomato and cucumber salad. 


Not my plate, but Christopher's looked so good I had to take a picture of it. Finally, I want to remember sitting around after dinner, watching home videos of our life some fifteen years ago, when our family was smaller, and our kids were younger, and thinking that as wonderful as that time was, this time, this moment is just as wonderful, if not more because we have added new people to our family. And they have made it that much better. 



I want to remember always that each and every chapter in our lives is the best one at that moment in time. And that it is ok to turn the page and start the next one.

Have a wonderfully cozy Monday, my friends.
Rainy here today.
Inside and happy we will be.

Billie Jo









14 comments:

  1. Often the very best times are just casual and spur of the moment. What a wonderful Sunday you had! And what a sweet little fawn! What do they come there to eat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you wrote it all down. It sounds so idyllic, nothing special about it except the people you surround yourself with. How perfectly dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so touching! I love what you want to remember - special times with loved people. And a cute fawn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes the best times are the unplanned ones.
    Enjoyed seeing the deer. I think it is amazing how mama deer puts her baby somewhere and the baby stays there till mama comes to get her. Sometimes they are out back by us!
    Oh my, the waffles and fruit look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new week dear Friend. 💗 I just love posts like this and they always pull at my heart strings in the very best way. ;) You have such a beautiful and grateful heart. Blessings to you all. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful post. You are a very, very blessed Mama. I have one child here, one in Montana and one in London. All with their families. Don't get me wrong, I'm SO grateful for technology where we can facetime and zoom, We haven't all been together in over 2 years. Too long. I love, love, love seeing your happy family enjoying life togther.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your memories of a perfectly wonderful day with your family. This is a lovely post. Enjoy the rest of the week, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The photos of the fawn are precious. Family time is special and more appreciated as the years go by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Building these memories was so important and is so important.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice photos of your family on the lake for memorable days for years ahead. 😀 thr fawn looks so beautiful and with its mom as well. I deer-ly love it. ❤️ have good day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoyed reading you post, sounds like you had a wonderful Sunday. And those deer pictures, oh my...so sweet. Hope your week is off to a wonderful start!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Billie Jo, I love this post. What beautiful memories :) You have amazing kids!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved hearing your memories and wonderful times spent with the family. Those waffles look so Yummy, and I think powdered sugar makes them taste even better. These are precious photos of the Fawn. Looks like she was pretty close. Thank you for sharing that moment - the deer make my heart sing. Look at Flynn on the water - what an exciting moment for her!

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo