June 19, 2023

Monday Morning Coffee Talk

 Good Monday morning! How was your weekend? I hope it was everything you hoped it would be. Our weekend was amazing, highlighted by two special events. Saturday, Rhett, Kyrstin, Flynn, Madison, Nicolas, and I traveled to Pittsburgh to see Taylor Swift's Eras Tour. And it was an experience of a lifetime. Madison is the biggest Taylor Swift fan ever, and I was so happy to be there with her. I wish I could find the words to describe it, but it isn't possible! Taylor Swift performed for three hours straight. She clearly loves what she does and is so happy to see her fans happy. Words cannot do justice to this unbelievable night. So I won't even try. 

  











Sunday was Father's Day! And we honored Steve with a relaxing day at home with dinner of his choice. Which, oddly enough, was burgers on the grill, cooked by him! Thankfully, the kids took care of everything because this old lady is not used to late nights, and we had a wonderful day celebrating Steve. The amount of love he has for each of his children is immeasurable. He was and still is the concert taker, field trip goer, new clothes shopper, and movie partner. In addition, he has taught the kids by words and actions how to be kind, respectful, and caring adults. And I am so thankful for that.



We played a game on the deck, ate dinner, opened gifts, and enjoyed Peyton's homemade strawberry pie! 

Happy and Blessed Father's Day to all!
Have a wonderful Monday.
I will be napping if you need me!

Billie Jo







15 comments:

  1. Billie Jo...YOU and your family are always who come to mind when I think "LOVE". Sounds like it was a fabulous weekend for everyone!!! What memories you created. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfection! We had strawberry pie yesterday too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, not only did you post pics of the concert, but GOOD ones too! What a wonderful weekend you had!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a lovely, though exhausting, weekend. Hope you can rest up today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love a piece of the strawberry pie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, a Taylor Swift concert? How amazing! Those photos at her show are fantastic and special ones with your family! I would love a pair of those heart-shaped glasses. A sweet way to honor hubby on Father's Day, and that pie is awesome! Enjoy the rest of your week Billie Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great weekend! Glad you got to have all that fun.
    My hubby was sick so the weekend was quiet, but next weekend we'll celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like fun! You can tell Madison was having a blast. Your family is just so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Y'all always have such fun together! That will be a concert to remember :) I'd probably have to sleep for days after that :) I'm in my pjs about the time a concert starts :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!! You guys had awesome seats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. First of all, I love your lemon blog theme! 😍 Second, what amazing pictures of Taylor Swift! Wow! I know that was a fun concert! She is an amazing artist. So glad y’all enjoyed celebrating your hubby in Father’s Day! Family time is so special!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw Madison's postings and I was so happy for her!! I'm actually going with my Annie soon too! She is beyond excited and I love that I'll get to share that time with her as well. I know T-Swift won't disappoint. Lol I'm sure it will be "sick" as Annie would say. 😂 And glad that Steve had a wonderfully special day with family. Blessings on the rest of your week (and recovery!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic experience! Happy you were all able to go. I know tickets around here sold out so fast (my boys weren't too interested, LOL). And it looks like you had a wonderful Father's Day as well. Hope the nap helped and that you had a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun time for you all to go to the Taylor Swift concert. There is a golden book out on Amazon about Taylor Swift. I purchased on for each of my daughters because when they were little they won a contest on the radio to attend one of her concerts and my daughter Megan got to meet her. By the way your daughter looked beautiful with her red scarf. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Madison looks so happy to be at the Taylor Swift concert. Fun times and smiles all around. Peyton's strawberry pie looks incredible! I think the whipped cream adds something special. ; )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo