June 5, 2023

Monday Morning Coffee Talk


Good morning, my friends! How was your weekend? Here in Pennsylvania, it was gloriously summerlike and perfect for our plans, which included our final May birthday celebration! Peyton turned twenty-three on May 31, so we celebrated with her Saturday evening. Everyone was able to be here, and we all had a wonderful time. There was tubing on the lake, hot dogs on the grill, a fire with S'mores and mountain pies, presents, and an ice cream birthday cake she didn't have to make herself!


My Posey.
( Her full name is Peyton Rose. )
She shares joy and happiness every single day.
And, man, can she bake!


And with her awesome husband, Christopher. Who appears to have a halo?!

 

And my husband, who most certainly should have one! He is and has always been the doer of all fun things when it comes to our family. He is the boat driver, roller coaster rider, swim teacher, main concertgoer, drivers ed teacher, and all-around fun guy. He allows me to do what I do best, step back and arrange, organize, and prepare. I could be and still am the stroller pusher, backpack holder, party organizer, and sunscreen sprayer. I am behind the scenes. Exactly where I love to be. Together, we are a pretty good team!

To illustrate my point, allow me to share some photos of what I did while they were all out on the boat. First, I got dinner ready. Which consisted of opening two bags of chips, setting out paper plates, and organizing condiments. So, there's that! 




Then, I sat outside with the pups, drank some iced coffee, read a good book, and snapped phone pictures of all the fun. When they were finished, the guys covered the boat, Nicolas cooked the hot dogs, and the girls helped me prepare everything else. Grown children are the best.

Finally, in other news you don't really need to know; I am trying to be more consistent in my healthy eating choices. I am wavering between a solid weight loss program like Weight Watchers, which worked for me before, and just watching myself, cooking, and eating healthier while drinking more water. I am still up in the air about it!


Remember the saga of the spatula? Well, I finally purchased one, and our lives are better for it! Next up were our drinking glasses. We have had the same drinking glasses forever!!! ( This is where Steve always tells everyone it is because I made a SLIGHT error when ordering them and may have selected twelve dozen instead of twelve, but who's counting?? ) They are like those Pizza Hut cups...the plastic with a weird design? Well, we used them for years! Anyway, I finally decided we needed new glasses. And after careful consideration, I decided on these ones from Amazon. They are basic. And pretty. And plastic. I cannot do glass glasses for every day. I know they are better. I just have a thing about broken glass and shards of it, and I just can't. It's a thing.


Well, that is all for today. I hope you have a wonderful Monday, my friends. Stay cool and cozy, and remember to throw some sunscreen on. Thanks for visiting!

Billie Jo







22 comments:

  1. Oh I love those glasses! I would never know they were plastic even! We are still very much in the stage of life where I am weary about glass and I may never grow out of it so kudos to you for picking the drinking vessel material that causes you less stress!

    What a perfectly lovely weekend you all had. I am so glad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful family weekend. Your daughter is beautiful. How did you like the book? I have been debating whether to read it or not.
    I hope you have a wonderful week. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!! Happy Monday and Happy Birthday to Peyton!! Glad you all had a wonderful celebration Saturday night! I wish I could have joined you for a s'more! (It's still raining here btw!) I'm laughing at Chris's halo! LOL
    Love the new glasses! Have a great week! Miss you!!: )

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so funny. I am right the opposite. I can't stand to drink out of a plastic glass and the prettier, more danity a glass is, the more I am happy with it. Does that make me a glass snob? haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday to beautiful Peyton! What a fun time to have a birthday. ;) Looks like it was a great day. And that book looks really good. I'm with you about jumping in and out of certain plans for weight loss. I truly try to focus on health above all and sometimes the weight loss falls into place more easily with that for me. Lol If glasses are a thing - good for you doing what works best for you to be ok. 💗 Blessings on your week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun and picture perfect birthday celebration for Peyton. Where do the years go?!? I too am curious about your thoughts on the book about the royals. I like the new drinking glasses you selected. Good luck on your weight loss journey, however you decided to do it. I try to eat healthy and count calories. Sometimes it works better than other times. Trying to be healthy, get exercise and drink LOTS of water helps too, but honestly, it is a challenge. I hope you have a good week. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a perfect birthday celebration! (And a very good book) I really love those glasses, need to do a clear out of ours. I'm with you on preferring the plastic over the glass ones. And so ready to ditch all the themed plastic glasses (take away plastic cups from many high school football games) Good luck on your healthy eating journey. I decided I needed to get more serious again as well. It's time. Hope you have a wonderful rest of your Monday as well as a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Peyton. Looks like a fun celebration. I too have been focusing on eating healthier. Increasing my protein and fruit/veggie intake and watching my carbs. I love food and you only live once so I don't believe in depriving myself just making better choices.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your glasses are perfect for any kind of drink, and look like glass. I don't think I have a glass made of glass in the house. I am way too clumsy. Peyton and Christopher are a beautiful couple! Beautiful cake, and I love her kitchen cabinets. You live in such a beautiful place! My thing is organizing as well. It calms me down. It really takes courage to teach driver's ed!! My nerves would shatter on the first day. So how is the Megan & Harry book? Maybe an upcoming review?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Billie Jo we are so much alike!! I prefer plastic drinking cups too, because I can't stand the glass against my lips when I drink! Also, I'm a total behind the scenes person. I have just as much fun watching all the water sports and activities from the shore or sidelines. I truly get plenty of satisfaction just watching people have fun. It's the way I prefer it! Looks like the perfect weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You and your spouse sound like the perfect team. You are so fortunate to have each other.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the beautiful life you live comprised of simple joys with your loved ones and lots of cozy time. I enjoy stopping by your blog, it always makes my heart happy. Hugs to you dear friend. ~Juli

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a fabulous day! I love drinking from glass, but yes, the shards...and we cannot keep a full set. Even now that we're all adults. Oh well!
    I drink out of my thermal tumber all day anyway. I love cold water.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was glad to be able to walk a bit on Saturday and go to church on Sunday. It is a bit warmer today and 90 degrees on Tues. My husband drove me to my appt with Dr. Sullivan to check out my tooth implants early afternoon. One is a bit sore for some reason. I have another appt next month. I look forward to getting the crowns on my two implants late August or Sept. Happy Birthday to your daughter, Posey!! Adorable couple with her husband!!! We still have glasses to drink out of. I usually drink out of mugs. I still have the old ones with cartoon characters and Old Trailblazers glasses as well. I have way too many so need to get rid of some eventually. Way too many things on how that need to be decluttered. Now that i am home, I need to continue to do it.NOW! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks like a perfect summer day at the lake. And to live at the lake year round must be incredible. I'm like you, I prefer to watch others have a good time while I get things ready for everyone. I used to do that when we lived in our trailer at the lake with two other couples. We were the trailer in the middle of the three. While they were water skiing or tubing or swimming off the boat, I could be found getting dinner started for all of us and then sitting with a book or my knitting. It soundsl ike your husband and you are a great team!
    And happy birthday to Peyton. The cake looks wonderful.
    I would also be interested in a review of the book as it's one I've been thinking of reading too. I've also been trying to find something to do to work on my weight. If I deny myself an entire food group I just find myself craving those things. It seems a never ending battle.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Belated birthday wishes to Peyton. What a wonderful weekend. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like the perfect birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The thing I love about you most is that you accept and love who you are unapologetically! I spend a lot of time feeling less than because of things about myself that I wish were different. I need to embrace the way God made me!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Billy Jo, and a Very Happy Twenty-Third birthday Peyton Rose! She is beautiful and so is her name. She and her husband make a lovely couple. And that cake looks excellent! And I should say you and your husband make a great team and we each have our talents, as I found out in the yin and yang of life :) Enjoyed your post very much. It looks like you had a great week so far, and I wish you a happy rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely post? I would have had a hard time not being out there on the boat with them though. I love being on the water. My, you have a wonderful view of the lake, that must bring you a lot of pleasure year-round.
    I have both glass and plastic glasses and I don't like using glass outside. I guess for some of the same reasons, people go barefoot outside and I don't want shards of glass. Wishing you a sweet week.
    You're blogging sister, Connie:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your glasses, they're pretty. I know what you mean about them breaking though. Seems like things keep slipping out of my hands when I wash dishes haha. Happy Birthday to dear Peyton. What a special picture of her and her husband. I love her sweet smile. And that cake looks fantastic! That's a nice picture of your husband out on the boat too!

    Have a wonderful week ahead, Billie Jo.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo