Homemade Macaroni And Cheese
- 1 bag Lay's Potato Chips
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup butter plus 2 Tablespoons
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups milk
- 4 cups shredded cheese mixture...any kind you have. I use a cheddar mixture.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 13x9 baking dish.
- Cook and drain macaroni. Set aside.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in large saucepan.
- Add flour, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Gradually add milk and bring to a boil.
- Add cheese mixture and stir until melted.
- Add 3/4 melted cheese mixture to macaroni. Mix.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Pour remaining cheese mixture on top.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Crush 2 cups potato chips and mix with butter.
- Sprinkle on top of macaroni.
- Bake uncovered 30 to 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle more chips on top, if desired.