You know how much we love a good bowl of soup here. This is one of our favorites. Peyton found the recipe on Pinterest. I hope you enjoy!
Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes, 29 oz.
- 1 can tomato soup, 10 oz., undiluted
- 1 can chicken broth, 14 oz. or beef broth
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded cheddar cheese, for on top
- Brown ground beef with pepper and onion in a large pot.
- Drain well. Really well.
- Add diced tomatoes, chicken broth, and soup.
- Stir, then add rice.
- Stir in seasonings.
- Cover and let simmer on low-medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
Love a pot of soup simmering on the stove...
Love a bowl of soup and a biscuit on the table even more! : )
Note: I do double this for our family of six.
I have used both chicken and beef broth. : )