- 2 cups uncooked pasta~rotini or penne works well
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 can diced tomatoes~ 28 ounces~I like the petite diced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickles~optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 13x9 baking dish.
- Boil pasta until al dente and drain.
- Place oil in large skillet and cook onion over medium-low heat until soft.
- Add garlic and then ground beef.
- Cook until browned, drain and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add ketchup, tomatoes, and mustard. Mix and cook about 3 minutes.
- Combine meat mixture with pasta, and put in baking dish.
- Bake about 15 minutes.
- Add cheese and bake until melted, about 5 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with pickles. ~This is optional. We didn't!
This past weekend, I made two pans, one with gluten-free pasta and it was delicious too!
I have also made this with veggie pasta. Also, one time I didn't have a can of diced tomatoes, so I used fresh and some water. Delicious!
Tell me if you don't think you are eating a cheeseburger.
Don't forget dessert!
Peyton and Flynn made these cute pudding pies.
Simply mix up some pudding according to directions~the instant kind~ pour into those little premade graham cracker crusts and refrigerate. Then add some whipped topping, crushed Oreos, or festive sprinkles. So good!
Let me know if you try this one, my friends.
It isn't fancy. It isn't expensive.
But it is a good, simple meal for a family dinner around the table.