We always enjoy a sweet treat during the show. Sometimes Heather brings something yummy, sometimes Peyton provides it. Last night, Peyton made these incredible chocolate cookies. They are amazing. Seriously. She found the recipe on Pinterest, and it originally appeared here. If you love chocolate, you must try these cookies. Even if you don't indulge in watching The Bachelor on Monday nights.
Double Chocolate Fudge Cookies
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Melt 1 cup chocolate chips and butter together for 15 seconds at a time, in microwave, stirring in between, until smooth. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together sugars, eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Don't over mix.
- Fold in chocolate/butter mixture.
- Add remaining cup of chocolate chips.
- Stir until combined.
- Scoop 1/4 cup batter onto baking sheets, lined with lightly sprayed parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven, temperature reduced to 300 degrees when you put them in, for 18 minutes.
- Makes about one dozen cookies.
- Allow cookies to cool before removing.
That's one cookie.
Add one tall glass of cold milk.
This is as good as it gets, my friends.