February 22, 2017

Monday Night Sweets

Monday nights are Bachelor nights. My friend Heather comes over every Monday night and we watch the perils of several young women competing for the love of a single young man. Would I want my daughter participating in something like this? In a word...No. Does it make for interesting and entertaining television? You bet.

We always enjoy a sweet treat during the show. Sometimes Heather brings something yummy, sometimes Peyton provides it. Last night, Peyton made these incredible chocolate cookies. They are amazing. Seriously. She found the recipe on Pinterest, and it originally appeared here. If you love chocolate, you must try these cookies. Even if you don't indulge in watching The Bachelor on Monday nights.

Double Chocolate Fudge Cookies

Ingredients:
  1. 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
  2. 2 tablespoons butter
  3. 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons flour
  4. 1 teaspoon baking powder
  5. 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  6. 1/2 teaspoon salt
  7. 1/2 cup sugar
  8. 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
  9. 2 eggs
  10. 2 tablespoons milk
  11. 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions:
  1. Melt 1 cup chocolate chips and butter together for 15 seconds at a time, in microwave, stirring in between, until smooth. Set aside.
  2. In a bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
  3. In a separate bowl, whisk together sugars, eggs, milk, and vanilla.
  4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Don't over mix.
  5. Fold in chocolate/butter mixture.
  6. Add remaining cup of chocolate chips.
  7. Stir until combined.
  8. Scoop 1/4 cup batter onto baking sheets, lined with lightly sprayed parchment paper.
  9. Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven, temperature reduced to 300 degrees when you put them in,  for 18 minutes.
  10. Makes about one dozen cookies.
  11. Allow cookies to cool before removing.
Yep.
That's one cookie.
Add one tall glass of cold milk.
This is as good as it gets, my friends.
Enjoy!


20 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Word. Holy yum Batman! Lol ;)
    Thanks for sharing - thanks for being an amazing baker Peyton!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is what I call a cookie, they look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Billie JO, that cookie looks so good. No, I wouldn't want my daughter's to be on that show. I don't watch it.
    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like good friends and good food together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had one of those cookies right now!! And I have to watch the Bachelor during the day when no one else is at home. Even Sarah gives me hard time for watching it and all my husband can do is shake is head! Oh well!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness these sound amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the recipe Peyton! Can't wait to try!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Billie Jo -- I was just thinking of making some cookies! Thanks for the inspiration! Looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Billie Jo, I need to try this recipe! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! It just so happens I'm watching The Bachelor as I type this :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chocolate chips are going on my shopping list!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Billie Jo!

    What fun! Every girl needs that special friend that she can trust with her craziest T.V. drama! I don't watch it, but I can only imagine that it makes for some sassy watching... ;0)

    The cookies look divine! Who doesn't love chocolate on chocolate?!

    Hugs,
    Barb


    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been addicted to the The Bachelor and all things Bachelor related since season 1, so I can totally relate! : ) Those cookies look to-die-for! I am definitely going to try them! Another winner for Peyton! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my heavenly word! That looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You just can't go wrong with a chocolate cookie can you?? I mean it's CHOCOLATE! Yummy!

    Enjoy your weekend!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yum! These look delicious!!!! My family will thank me if I made these!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo