August 24, 2012

Weekend Plans

The weekend is here! This is our first weekend back in school and our last one before the fall activities begin. That being said, we plan to do what we love best...nothing!!!! No, really, it will be fairly quiet around here with just a few things on our list. Friday night Steve and Rhett are heading to camp. The girls opted to pass this time, so that means a quiet night of tv and take out. There is a place near our house that has the best steak salad ever! I love to think I am doing something good eating a salad for dinner. We won't mention the french fries and melted cheese on top!

Saturday morning is my coffee visit with my father at the nursing home. Saturday afternoon I have some errands to run and Madison has work. We have Saturday mass and this week Rhett is serving! It is so special to see him up on the altar as a server now. I look up there and see the place where he was baptized and it feels like yesterday! We are having tacos for dinner after mass, and then I begin again my Saturday night routine. Are you ready for this excitement? Ironing!! Yep...that is my favorite Saturday night activity! I actually do enjoy pressing all the school uniforms and Steve's work shirts. I like to do it all at once, just once a week and Saturday night works best.

Sunday is a quiet day! Madison has a few hours of work and after that, I plan on spending some time outside playing with the kids. Steve needs to mow our yard too. That is an afternoon job in itself! For dinner on Sunday I plan on using some garden tomatoes my mother brought me. I have a wonderful, simple pasta dish with fresh tomatoes that is a favorite around here. Then it will be back to our Sunday night routine of showers, backpack packing, and early bedtimes. Well, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, whatever your plans may be. Thanks so very much for stopping by!


4 comments:

  1. Enjoy your weekend! Enjoy your visit with your father :) That is an amazing thing you do and a great teaching moment for your own children. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remind me to drop off my ironing tomorrow! Extra starch, please! If I paid you what I pay my dry cleaner, you'd be rich :) I love the smell of fresh laundry.

    Family reunion this weekend. Wish us luck! Hope the older folks do okay in the hot weather. It's a Polish food fest with stuffed cabbage, pierogies, halushki, nut roll, good stuff!!!

    Hope the kids are enjoying school. I bet Flynn misses them during the day. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your weekend...it sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a wonderful weekend:) simple and sweet but i have to say...the ironing...i think that's where our parallel lives may end!!:) haha i avoid it at all costs!:)
    hope this is your best first day of school ever!
    have a happy day billie jo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo