Good Monday morning, my friends! And Happy Labor Day! The pups and I are up early, and although it is the perfect day for one, I opted to skip my walk and enjoy the quiet of this September morning with my coffee and soft throw instead. I will lace those sneakers up tomorrow. For now, however, I am soaking in the start of my favorite time of year. With pumpkin coffee, of course.
I hope your weekend was all you planned and then some. Here, it was productive, enjoyable, and fun. Saturday, Flynn worked, and I accomplished all the things around the house that require me to be motivated to do: vacuum, wash comforters, and scrub the kitchen sink. We went to Mass and then to the condo for pizza. Sunday I got groceries, swam, took a cozy afternoon nap, and then made dinner. What did I make for dinner? I'm glad you asked! I made a delicious pot of soup with a recipe that Peyton gave me. She made it for us the last time we were back in Pennsylvania, and we loved it. I will link the recipe below. It is Creamy Tuscan Chicken Soup, and you will want to make some!
I also put together a meat-and-cheese tray. Sometimes it is easier to do dinner like that when I am not sure when everyone will be home.
Took a quick picture before Mass on Saturday to send to Madison. She approved.
And lastly, a little corner of my pantry I have been messing with forever. I have it just how I want. Madison got me the pretty painting as a reminder of our trip to the Hamptons. We saw hydrangeas everywhere.
Well, although we are having hot dogs later to celebrate Labor Day, we are also homeschooling today, because why not? Have a wonderful Labor Day, my friends. You know what this means, right? Time for all things cozy! Cooler days, darker skies, flickering candles, soft throw blankets, pumpkin spice everything, sweatshirts and leggings, changing leaves, and that nostalgic feeling of slowing down, snuggling in, and being present.
Happy Labor Day!
Happy Monday!
Happy fall!
Billie Jo






Good morning, Billie Jo! I hope y'all are having a great Labor Day! That soup looks amazing! I am printing it off for the hubby to make! He loves to try a new recipe. I'm also a big fan of meat and cheese trays, and would happily eat that nightly if I didn't have to feed other people, haha! You look so great! That's a cute outfit and I love your hair like this.
ReplyDeleteI have printed the recipe and ma going to try it! Your food always looks so good. You look so pretty in the white and pink, and I love your stairway!!! So modern and pretty., Your pantry corner is gorgeous!!!
ReplyDeleteYour selfie before going to Mass is great! Love your outfit, your hair, and your smile! The soup recipe looks great! Thanks for sharing your days with us!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the recipe!! Yum!! I always enjoy your photos, and want to copy that cheese board, too! You looked fabulous in the selfie!! Have a week ahead full of blessings! xo
ReplyDelete