September 25, 2026

Friday Photos

Hello! Happy Friday, my friends. This week passed quietly, filled with blissfully ordinary days. Morning prayers and coffee, afternoon lessons in the schoolroom, dinner, and cozy evenings together watching television. Big Brother is winding down, just as Survivor and Dancing With The Stars are getting started. There is something about this time of year. It gets darker sooner, so we tend to gather after dinner with cozy throws to watch our shows together. Pups too.


In other news, Steve is stepping up his lunch game. This is one of my favorites. 


As is this peel-and-eat shrimp he gets from some friends up the road.


And lastly, Steve braved the wind to capture this beautiful picture last night.


We are anticipating some rain and wind, depending on the storm's path. Hopefully it turns and goes back out to sea. Please stay safe, everyone. This weekend, I plan to stay in and decorate for Halloween! I will put on a YouTube with a spooky vibe, and add some Halloween touches around the house. We will have Mass, and then maybe I will make a pot of soup and some Halloween brownies for dinner. I hope you have a nice autumn weekend, my friends. Thank you for stopping!        

Billie Jo

                                                     


22 comments:

  1. The lunch looks marvelous! The photo Steve took is so pretty.
    I'm watching Survivor too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is a breath of fresh air.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like delicious food and a beautiful view! Have a happy, cozy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving this time of year and I can see you do, too. YUM on the food---well, except for the shrimp...can't do shrimp. Enjoy decorating for Halloween- I have all my fall stuff out but wait until the end of Sept to bring out Halloween. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sky shot is gorgeous!
    Now that it is not blazing hot, our highs are just in the mid 80's, I put a couple of fall things out to decorate the house. I don't actually put any Halloween things out until the week of.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Survivor and Amazing Race coming up soon. Such a beautiful sunset. Hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Survivor and Amazing Race are my jams. And I am very into Dancing with the Stars right now. #Brittay Gorgeous Sunset. We have had so much rain in the last week that everything is flooded. Can't wait to see your spooky decor!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Steve's sky photo is gorgeous!!! Post your Halloween decorations, I can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cozy evening you have planned and I love the looks of that lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a Big Brother fan!! It's been a great season. That meal and the shrimp look delicious. It's a lovely photo. Enjoy your weekend and decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope that storm won't be too bad on you all. I hope you a lovely Friday evening.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, those shrimp look SO GOOD!! That's just all I can think about now! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's still a little warm here for soup yet but I am looking forward to that first pot. I am ready for comfort food. The lunch and shrimp look really good. Stay safe and have a very cozy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It’s definitely fall weather here. I’ll have to steal that lunch plate idea from Steve. It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is my delight to report that FINALLY some cooler temps have arrived at my house. This morning at 6:30am it was 58 degrees! I wore a zip-up-the-front bright yellow jacket and yoga pants, and socks for our after-breakfast bike ride. It was wonderful! Now as I read your autumn-related blog posts, I don't feel so left out! I hope the huge Nor'easter that's hit farther north of me is not adversely affecting you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The shrimp look soooo good. Haven't had any for quite a while!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stay safe, friend. The forecasts sound ominous...and the photos (I've only seen a few) are devastating!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a great weekend ahead. those shrimp...oh goodness, they look so good. Lots of different things with the weather happening all across the states..Y'all stay safe and be cozy..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wishing you a wonderful weekeing Billie Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Billie Jo! I love that sunset picture! Sounds like you had plans for such a comfy, cozy weekend. I hope the coming week is a good one for you. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nothing like a man who cooks! Lunch looks wonderful!
    Hope the storms aren't affecting you too badly??
    Stay safe
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo