April 8, 2024

Monday Morning Coffee Talk

 

Good Monday morning! And Happy Eclipse Day! I know we have all heard so much about this, so that is all I will say about that, except be safe and enjoy! As for the weekend, we had a great one here. Saturday morning, Steve, I, and all the kids met at a new coffee shop~bakery here, and we had the nicest time. Madison, Nicolas, Peyton, and Christopher have been going to "Cinnamon Roll Saturday" and kept telling us how amazing it is. So, bright and early Saturday morning, we all met in the cozy reading room for breakfast. I can confirm that the food is fantastic. And they have the second most delicious cinnamon rolls, next to Peyton. 



Saturday late afternoon, we went to mass and were surprised to find out that we all have very bad memories! We were so excited to be there eight minutes early for 4:15 mass, only to find out it starts at 4:00 and has for quite some time! Mass was packed, but fortunately for us, Christopher is very tall and could see us standing in the back from his and Peyton's seats up front. He texted Rhett and told us to come up. So I chose sitting in a comfy seat right next to the altar over standing in a crowd at the back of the church for the entire mass, despite that weird feeling you get walking past a whole church filled with people long after mass begins. 

After mass, Steve's brother Todd and his wife Beth came for dinner. Steve had planned on cooking chip steak with mashed potatoes, but due to a rather unfortunate incident discovered when Steve unwrapped the meat, we had to change plans. Instead, we did what most hungry Americans would do. We got buckets of KFC chicken with all the sides! And it was good! Beth brought some of the most perfectly cut brownies I have ever seen, which were also delicious, and a peach berry pie. We ate, visited, and played cards. It was a fantastic night. 

Yesterday was a HAPPY DAY! I got to see my momma. Rhett and Kyrstin drove down with me and Steve and surprised her. Margie was there, and I am so very thankful to her for everything she does for Mom on a daily basis. We had a great visit, made even better when I was able to actually see the very moment Mom recognized me. I felt it in my soul and saw it in her eyes, smile, and tears. I will keep that feeling in my heart forever. 



It was a good day. We headed home, and after a quick 30-minute nap, I woke and cleaned up for our friends, who had come for puppy playtime and dinner. They have a beautiful dog, and they brought her over to play with Cosmo as those two dogs are so good together. We ordered takeout from a restaurant they own and then played cards. It was a great night.


After a good night's sleep, it was morning. Morning is my favorite time of day. I like the quiet, my coffee, my prayers, my pups, and just sitting and watching the world wake up to start a new day. It's one of the perks of getting older! I'll take it. 





And that's it, my friends. Today, I am going to wipe down my bedroom with a big bucket of water and Murphy's Oil Soap, change my bedsheets, and clean some bathrooms. I hope you have a wonderful day. Thanks for visiting!

Billie Jo

18 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! I would love mornings too if I had that view every morning! LOL! So glad you got to spend time with momma! Special times. Hope your week is blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weekend sounds like it was just about perfect in every way. How wonderful to see all of your kids, attend mass together and see your Mom and sister. Friends over were the icing on the cake, (weekend). :-). I'm so happy for the contentment in your words. If only everyone could see the good things in their lives instead of rushing through them.
    My favorite was when your Mom recognized you. I feel the same when Dennis's Mom sees us too.
    Happy and blessed Monday to you.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Family life and friends make for a great weekend indeed. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your weekend sounds fantastic, my friend! So glad that you were able to see your momma and know that she saw you! I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like the pups have taken over the living room. I love your huge awesome clock! The new coffee/bakery shop sounds so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Monday :) Looks like you had a full weekend and a great start to the new week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed the eclipse from home today. It was fun and peaceful. We were on the road earlier and it was nice to be home in time. It was also nice to see how many folks gathered for something fun and light like this. I loved it.

    Wow, wow, on the food. Sounds like some real good eats.

    Happy Cleaning and boogie boogie. Ivy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Billie Jo,
    Our cleaning ladies do come on Mondays as well so the house is looking fresh.
    Church and family + puppies are essential for our happiness.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a perfect weekend! That sandwich looks yummy, cinnamon rolls sound fabulous!
    And your pics with your sweet mom are the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another lovely weekend.
    We watched the eclipse with glasses that the library handed out. Really coo to watch. Surprisingly we had a nice sunny day for it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Billie Jo! Sounds like you had a very nice weekend in every way! I'm with you on mornings - best time of the day. Have a good week. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have had quite the busy weekend! I love seeing it was filled with family, friends and laughter-just as life should be. And you made me laugh, there’s nothing that makes me feel more awkward than realizing the only empty seats at church are in the front row.! A sweet photo with your mom-I remember it being difficult some days to go visit my mother-in-law, but she would smile when the kids came in as she’d always remember them - a very sweet time. Enjoy the week, and thanks so much for your kind words over on my blog – so glad to have found you here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It seems you had a perfect weekend !
    I love the view from your house I am sure I would get up early to look at such a beautiful view!

    ReplyDelete
  14. First, I have to say, I LOVE your Peter Pan cup. It instantly reminded me of seeing Tinker Bell fly over my head in Disneyland when I was 6! The coffee shop sounds delightful, and it's always nice when we find that perfect coffee and pastry shop. And having cinnamon rolls and coffee is even better. How wonderful you got to see your mama, and a special picture of both of you. I always love to see your quiet morning photos of the water and the view outside. They are so peaceful and pretty. And I chuckled when you mentioned Kentucky Fried Chicken! Isn't it the best? KFC was my very first job, so I'm partial to it. ; )

    Have a beautiful week, Billie Jo. Your 'Monday Morning Coffee' posts make my heart smile.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  15. Always love getting your family updates. I want to visit that coffee shop pronto! Lol Boy did that sound good and that sandwich looked delish! I have also messed up church time - always fun. Lol Matt has learned I'm a sit up front kind of Gal. I love that I'm able to focus better - such sacred time. But I think he thinks I have FOMO and don't want to miss anything. Lol😁
    I loved the moment with your sweet Momma. Reminds me so much of my MIL Cherie. She didn't know my name anymore, but the way she would light up and I could tell she knew that she "knew" me was everything. Big hugs dear Friend. I know those visits are wonderful and also difficult. 🤗
    Blessings always. xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad you got to see your mom. It wasn't until I got older that I realized how precious time is with our parents. And I have to say, I just saw you checked up on me on my last post and I want you to know that really touched me, almost to tears. I deactivated my Facebook and no one, not even my close friends or family, have contacted me to see if I was okay. So, it means a lot that you did. I'm not purposely taking a pause from blogging but life has been so busy lately. I do plan on writing an update, hopefully tomorrow. You are a great friend! I appreciate you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was touched by your words about when your mother recognized you. I know this season has to be very hard, and how much that look of recognition meant to you. You have a very good spirit about it, Billie Jo. It sounds like you had a perfect weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post! Looks like you had a great weekend. I love the family photos!Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo