April 26, 2024

Random Photos From Ordinary Days

Occasionally, I go through the camera roll on my phone and delete pictures that I have already printed or shared with others. Before I do that, I like to post certain pictures here to preserve the blissfully ordinary moments of our lives. Have you ever gone back and read an old post from your blog and thought about how glad you are that you have those memories documented? It is a great way to relive the moments of long ago, ones you remember, but more often, ones you forgot. I was looking for a recipe I shared years ago and came across these photos from THIS POST  from 2013! My little Flynn was but three and a half years old! 



So, for that reason, I am sharing a few photos of some recent ordinary moments in our lives.


Last night, the moon was so beautiful that Flynn and I paused a movie to go outside and see it.


My Madison and her Nicolas are off on another adventure.


I do actually have a front yard, although most pictures are of the lake out back. And yes, if you look closely enough, you will see the handle of a snow shovel leaning up against the house. We are trying to decide whether we should make an effort to put it in the garage, literally right beside it, or keep it out until next winter. Stay tuned.




I was out to dinner with my dear friend Heather, and we happened to run into these two lovely young people! My Peyton and her husband Chris were celebrating their third wedding anniversary!


 I love it when Madison cooks. She made the most delicious chicken soup with all the fresh ingredients.


Meanwhile, I threw together a quick little lunch this week. Cutting up regular sandwiches makes them much more delicious. It's a fact.
 

 My Flynn and her pup. Always happy that one!


My Rhett still loves movies. When he was little, he helped his friends who owned a movie theatre, and they let him watch for free. He is still loving movies and sees them with his lovely girlfriend, Kyrstin.


That is what I have for today, my friends. This weekend is packed to the brim with family and friends. We are going to Steve's brother Todd's house for dinner with him and his wife, Beth. She is making stromboli, and her stromboli is amazing! We have mass tomorrow and a quick road trip with friends. And the highlight of my weekend is a visit with my Mom. I hope your weekend is full of all the happy, my friends. Thanks for visiting!

Billie Jo










17 comments:

  1. Well, going by how unpredictable PA weather is you might want to keep that snow shovel out just in case lol. 58 degrees on Saturday and 83 degrees on Sunday, seriously. Sounds like it will be a fun weekend for you, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ordinary days are the best!! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your photos down memory lane. You have the sweetest family. Your Flynn is a delight. The photo of her with her little puppy is wonderful. Well, all of the photos are. You are definitely blessed to have all of your little ducks living so close to Mama and Papa duck. I know you appreciate it. Enjoy your weekend. It sounds like a wonderful one.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pictures in a post. Posts seem almost boring without them! LOL! You have a beautiful family! I would pause too to go out and see that moon over the lake... {{sigh}} sounds like you have a great weekend ahead of you! ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful walk down Memory Lane! I also love cutting up the food to smaller bites. So fun. I also like to make mini pizzelles. So fun. Cheers and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ordinary days are the best! Flynn was such a little Pumpkin. ;) That moon was glorious! As is that flowering tree!! Love the way you love your people. Big hugs to your sweet Momma from me. 🤗💕
    Blessings always Friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Flynn is so beautiful! And you snapped a Pileated woodpecker! they are so large and impressive. The big beautiful tree...is it a cherry tree? Your lunch looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The picture of the moon is truly amazing!!! Your have such a beautiful family and home. I hope you have a cozy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your pictures! I will have to look at my camera roll and share some of mine. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved looking at your photos...and hope you are right in the middle of enjoying your great weekend!! See you on Monday (by way of blog, of course....that sounded weird!):)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Random photos are the best - sweet memories, seasons changing, pups & kids - what’s not to love?! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How beautifully the moon is reflected in the lake!!
    Very beautiful family and friends, stay strong and enjoy them Billie Jo.
    Cinema is great.
    Have a beautiful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Makes my heart happy to see all those smiling faces. Happy Anniversary to Peyton and Chris.
    My eldest started reading the blog from the first post during Covid and loved seeing all the things we had done when he was little and didn't remember. My husband goes back to remind himself of trips we have taken.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What you shared today is fabulous! I do love looking back at old posts and remembering so many things. I started in December of 2007. I love seeing my littles that are now all grown up. What kind of puppy does Flynn have?
    Blessed by you and the LORD,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the pictures of family and your surroundings. That moon picture is wonderful! And, yes... I too enjoy looking back at years' old posts. At the time I didn't consider that I was documenting life, but I've certainly become aware of the treasure we've created, and it makes me want to continue on doing just that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, little Flynn at three years old! How precious she is helping with the laundry. That is one of the prettiest moon pictures. Happy Anniversary to Peyton and her husband. Madison's homemade chicken soup sounds delicious. That's neat that Rhett has always loved movies. I have been watching a few good ones on Tubi. The last one was "Prey." I thought it was thrilling, and a good film. Oh, how I love these random moments with random photos, Billie Jo. They really are my favorite posts. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo