December 14, 2020

Coffee And A Candle Monday

 



Good Monday morning! Today I am enjoying a cup of Starbucks Holiday Blend with some Silk Oatmilk. It is so good, and adds a hint of oatmeal cookie flavor to my coffee! My mug is one I picked up from TJ Maxx a few years ago and is available on eBay and Amazon too. Sometimes I like to drink from a sturdy mug and other times from a beautiful bone china one. Today was a china day. It is snowing lightly and the house is quiet except for the hum of the dishwasher. I am cozy on the couch with a pup on each side, thinking about how to slow down and enjoy the fact that Christmas is next week. 

I am not stressed about that because my dear mother taught me that everything gets done, and if not...So what? It is more that fact that I enjoy the special things leading up to Christmas that are absent for the rest of the year. I love the tree lights in the early morning and early evenings. I love Christmas songs playing in the background of our days. The feeling of anticipation, joy, wonder, and home that bring us together no matter what is happening outside. That is what I love so much about this time of year. That and Christmas cookies cooling in neat little rows on the kitchen counter. What about you, my friends? What are you enjoying these days? 

Have a cozy day!


14 comments:

  1. I love your coffee and candle Mondays. Glad you came up with that as it starts my day off right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your china Holiday cup!!!!! -smile-

    I think I have to concentrate on just my own family circle, for a while. Doing differently is riling me up too much. And at my age, I can't afford to let myself get riled up.

    Soooooo, I am joining you, my Dear. Wish me Courage, to stick to my plan! -smile-

    I so agree with your Wise Mom! What doesn't get done, doesn't. And any other desire, is bound to cause Holiday Stress. And who needs that?????? -smile-

    I know what needs to be done and will do it, this week. Actually very little. Very little. But wise to get going on it.

    Thank you for your inspiration. Keep giving it please. I do not tend to learn, with my first "lesson." -chuckle-

    Happy Week Before Christmas!
    🎄 🔥 🎄 🔥 🎄 🔥 🎄 🔥 🎄

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wise mother you had to teach you that lesson! It took me years to figure out that nobody but me worried about a lot of the details I agonized over. Enjoy your cozy day. It is cold with a mix of rain, sleet, and snow here in the ridges of southwest PA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not stressed either, I have learnt over the years to take each day as it comes and to make it count. Just enjoy the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh! so warm and cozy, Billie Jo, like you I am not stressing, taking time to enjoy all the sights, sounds and aromas of this most perfect time of year. I am also trying to get back to blogging after a long break, I find I have missed so much of goings on, I must visit previous posts to see your new home. Oh, this sounds so exciting.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! dear Lady I just viewed your new lake home it is absolutely beautiful and that view of the lake is spectacular, How do you get everything done, I would be so tempting to just sit and relax!~wink~
    Thanks for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cozy days of winter. I have been reading a great deal and just staying cozy. Today I am relaxing and taking a day of rest. I am staying in my comfey flannel pajamas and enjoying a cup of coffee and the beautiful Christmas tree. I love the advice from your sweet mother and if it doesn't get done, so what. How priceless and true! Hugs to you dear friend. ~Juli

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am enjoying your posts now...all of them! I put your blog on my blog list on my sidebar. And I just changed my coffee mug to one with a red cardinal and I'm enjoying that! holiday hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boy that is a good mantra. So what? I will have to try and adopt that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad I have you in my life to heed the advice I need. And that candle is just too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Warm coffee and a quiet morning start the day off just right. We love to have a candle burning as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm enjoying all the same things- especially the music in the background. We got our first dusting of snow this morning, so of course that made me smile too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that you take time to enjoy the important things.

    Happy Christmafrom Harvest Lane Cottage,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your "coffee and a candle" posts are so cozy and delightful, Billie Jo. It sounds like you are slowing down and appreciating all the wonder of this Christmas season. Your reindeer cup is so cute and the soft glow of the candle adds warmth to the rooms in your home. Starbuck's holiday blend sounds just right. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo