July 3, 2020

The More Things Change...











The other day I sat outside on a glorious summer afternoon and I realized something. Despite all the uncertainty in our world right now, nature is constant. The deer continue to grow their antlers. Baby birds emerge from broken eggshells and wait for their mothers to bring them food. Plants that were brown and lifeless turn vibrant just as they did last year. And the year before that. Nature knows no hate. It just is. So when it all becomes too much and when watching the news begins to make me feel anxious and discouraged, I turn it off. I go outside and immerse myself in the beauty of nature. I choose to let it go. I choose peace. That is what I can do for myself and my family right now. I pray. And gain strength from nature. Because the grass grows after the winter snow, and the sun shines after a summer storm. 




Have a happy and blessed Fourth of July, my dear friends!
Thanks for visiting!

(Pinterest for the sweet images.)

14 comments:

  1. Wishing you a belated Happy Anniversary. Hope you have a beautiful July 4!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great holiday weekend! I love the bird picture that looks like they are laughing at a great joke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could not agree with you more. Happy 4th and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "the earth is full of the goodness of the Lord." Ps. 33:5b

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I remember your first Vintage 4th of July Illustration. I just love it.

    For our health, we need to _not_ follow the "so-called-news." I even limit my dwelling in the couple of trusted real-news-sources.

    Find Peace, in the rhythms of Nature.

    And remember to value our Freedom, while we still have it.

    Happy 4th of July!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great thoughts and lovely pictures! Have a happy, safe and blessed 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post and your photos. Happy 4th of July to you! P.S. I am so excited - the Mark Edwards book is on the way! Can't wait to read it! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nature is truly a place of peace. aaahhh, those baby birds, what a precious sight. I have always believed that it is a gift when we see a deer. They are such special animals. Since moving to So Cal, I've been busy doing things with Nel, and I haven't spent much time in nature, and I'm longing for it. It's so wise of you to turn things off for awhile and visit nature and all the goodness that it brings. Thanks for the gentle reminder. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  9. July 4, 2020

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
    Happy 4th of July
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is why I love this little Island that I live on surrounded by beauty. Nature in all its glory a great gift from God.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I completely agree, the world can be so heavy at times (very much so at the moment) Turning off the noise of the world and just being outside and watching nature is such a help.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo