August 24, 2018

Random Photo Friday

Happy Friday, friends! I hope you all had a wonderful week. I know some of you sent your littles back to school...some sent their babies off for the first time...and others sent their babies off to college. Please know I am thinking of and praying for you all as we begin a brand new school year. Our homeschool year begins in a few more weeks, but I am busy planning and preparing...some of my favorite things! Meanwhile, we are enjoying some last few moments of summer.


We missed our dandelion pictures this year, so Madison snapped a few sunflower ones before Mass on Saturday.


Steve made one of our favorite summer meals this past week.
He learned from his Mum, and it is delicious. I posted the recipe years ago, so I thought I would copy and paste it here! Because. Lazy.

If you want to try it...it is real easy. We use garden lettuce. Then mix up mayo or Miracle Whip. I even use Miracle Whip Light. No real measurements, just dump some in a bowl. Add some regular vinegar...less than the mayo...enough to thin it out to make it pourable, but not watery! Chop up some green onions and toss well. Then put this in the refrigerator while you boil some small red potatoes. Boil them till almost done, then cut them in half and fry until crispy. Put the potatoes on your plate and top with the creamed lettuce. That's it! It is soooo good!

Mandatory Mocha photo.



That's all I got!
Have a cozy weekend, my friends.
Thanks for visiting!



16 comments:

  1. I hope you have a lovely weekend, friend. I am off to start classes on Monday. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the last days of summer with your sweet family. The meal looks so good and I just bet it was. Love the picture of Flynn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Weekend!!! Enjoy your planning and preparing for the upcoming year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flynn is growing up...even in the short time since I've found your blog, I see a slight change! And, WOW, that potato and creamed lettuce look amazing! My husband will love it because he loves both those things anyway...putting them together will be quite a treat for him! And me! ~wink~ Have a wonderful weekend, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We start back on Monday (homeschooling). I am excited. This year is going to be good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That creamed lettuce does look tasty, I will certainly be giving it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh. Flynn! She just looks so grown up all of a sudden. She's so beautiful. Glad you got some sunflower pictures of her. Enjoy your wonderful weekend! (And thank you for your prayers for me and my guy. He's doing well and actually so am I.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy recipe! My mom would make wilted lettuce that was SO good. Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet photo of your little, Billie Jo. Blessings to you as you prepare for your new school year. And thanks for a lovely recipe. Have a great weekend--I know you will! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Billie Jo!

    Loved your photos - Flynn is sure growing up to be a beautiful young woman! I like the Sunflowers! New school years are my favorite. I love to see the children in the stores, buying their school supplies; new crayons make my heart skip a beat!

    The recipe sounds really good, I love garden lettuce, and who can't resist fried potatoes?! I will give it a try.

    Summer is coming to an end...and I'm not too sad about it. It has been so hot, smokey and dry here, we really need some rain and cooler temps.

    Have a wonderful week-end!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Flynn is just so darling and the sunflower photo is perfect!! It marks the coming of fall. My 5 year old grandsons just started Kindergarten I"m glad it's only half day though. There's plenty of school years ahead for them no need to jump in full speed right? I do wish I was closer to them. Your recipe looks so fresh and tasty, thanks for sharing it. I can feel Fall, the mornings and evenings are getting cooler - making me want to cozy up at night with my jammies, blanket and a good show.
    Have a wonderful cozy Sunday Billie Jo!
    Saimi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the quote of summer ending, Billie Jo, blessings to you and all mothers who homeschool and or send their children off to school.
    have a blessed week.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pictures. I am so not ready for Fall. It feels like we only got a few good weeks of summer. The rest has been cool or smoky... it just might be a very long winter this year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Billie Jo!
    Flynn is getting so big. Hope your enjoying the last days of August. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet picture with the sunflower, LOVE sunflowers:) YUM to that recipe! That looks delicious! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo