March 18, 2018

It Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time

Flashback to late November, and my Madison was returning to Denmark after being home for Thanksgiving. Our firstborn would be spending her first Christmas away from home, and despite our brave faces, she and I were both extremely sad and apprehensive. Enter Steve, the most amazing husband and father, who strives to ensure his family is as happy as is humanly possible. Before Madison and Nicolas left for the airport, Steve surprised us by telling us we were all going on a cruise in March! (FYI...a cruise in March is almost half the price of one in June.) And so, we were happy that even though our Christmas wouldn't be the same, we all had something to look forward to come March.

Great idea, right?
Fast forward a few months and as you may already know, we are moving.
In March. A week after the cruise.


Not that I am complaining AT ALL!
I am thrilled about the idea of spending the week with my people resting and eating.
And resting.
Could the timing be better?
Absolutely.
But, we worked overtime to be ready before the cruise, and honestly, as a good friend told me, it will feel good to leave the chaos behind for a bit.
It will be here when we return.
So.....

I'm down for a week of afternoon naps, late dinners made by someone else, and visits with our dear friend Alan, who we met on our last cruise.
My sister and my mom are helping us by staying here with our puppies, so that makes it a hundred times easier.

I will be offline for the next week, and will drop in when we return.
In the meantime, A few pictures of...

My two oldest with our older pup...

One of the books I am taking on the ship.
Because. Guilty pleasure...

And a quick one Steve snapped of the kitchen in the new house. : )

I thank you all for your kind words and best wishes.
Please know how much I appreciate your visits, and blessings for a wonderful week ahead!















28 comments:

  1. Safe travels and ohhhhhh and ahhhh on the new kitchen. smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That kitchen is gorgeous!!! Relax and enjoy the cruise. Can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, that kitchen is gorgeous!!!!
    Have a wonderful time on your cruise. A little rest and relaxing is much needed after packing up an entire house ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I had your kind of stress :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, a perfect get away just before the big move! You will be rested and ready to dive in when you return! Have a great and wonderful trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like perfect timing:). Enjoy every restful moment, you'll need the energy down the road. Love the new kitchen. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, that new kitchen!! It's gorgeous! Have a great time on your cruise! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your cruise and 'down' time...you deserve it and will need to be renewed when you get back. Your new kitchen is beautiful and there will be lots of goodies cooked there for sure. Take lots of pictures for us. Til then...............

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would say it's perfect timing. I imagine you are exhausted and ready for a real rest. Have a wonderful time, my friend! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting!! I hope you have a fabulous vacation with your family. Relax and enjoy it! Can't wait to hear all about it. Your new kitchen is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Billie Jo!

    Oh my gosh!! Have fun, and I hope you will just soak in the sun, create the best ahhhh moments with your amazing family, and come home ready to work! By the way, your kitchen is amazing!!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exciting! To think that you don't have to do any packing or sorting or anything but fun times with your family for a whole week! I'm happy for you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Go!! have fun!!!! I love your new kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your kitchen is beautiful!!!

    Have a wonderful trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a fabulous time...and I'm lovin' your new kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy.. i'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.
    And that new kitchen is looking very nice!

    http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have a blessed vacation BJ! Of course, crazy timing with your moving at the same time, but thankful that you have your mom and sister to watch your animals, that is a huge blessing! Hope you have a great and restful time :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is so awesome!! Have the best time Billie JO. YOu have earned it!! And you're right - the chaos will be there waiting. Lol So glad that Madison and Nicholas will join you too. Perfection. ;)

    But shut the front door - look at that kitchen!! Magazine material my Friend!! Can't wait to see more.
    Bon voyage! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Billie Jo, this is what happens when I drop out of Blogger for a while. You are moving!! Congratulations! I am so happy for you and excited to see pictures of your new home. Just think of the decorating opportunities!

    I am back to Blogger with a crafty blog. I hope that you stop in and visit when you have a moment (between packing boxes) My new blog is linked to my name/profile. xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an absolutely gorgeous new kitchen- have a blast on your cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Have a wonderful trip!! Ooooh -- that new kitchen is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing time on the cruise! I am very happy for you to be able to do this with your gorgeous family. I can't wait to see pictures from the cruise and more of the new house!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my, oh my, oh my! What exciting times for you and your family. First of all, have the most wonderful and relaxing time on your cruise with your loved ones.

    And secondly, congratulations on your new home! Just the picture of the kitchen has me ooohing and ahhhing. I hope the moves goes smoothly when you return from your trip.

    Thinking of you, dear Billie Jo. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Billie Jo, have a wonderful time on your trip. It would be amazing to have all your meals cooked for you for a week!!! I love your new kitchen. It is lovely. Have fun and make those priceless memories with your loved ones. Hugs. Juli

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hope you and your family have an amazing trip, can't wait to read all about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great trip....I love crusing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ok! I'm officially caught up. You are moving... except for that, I haven't read up on that till now. But! the kitchen is gorgeous and you have so much to look forward too!! Just 'smile and wave, boys'! LOL. This, too, shall pass and soon you'll be living in that gorgeous new house.

    But... all your decor! You'll have a year's worth of blogging by switching things over with decor. Looking forward to it all :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo