November 20, 2017

Eight

My baby is eight! Eight years ago today our family was blessed with our precious Flynn Grace. We celebrated her with an afternoon party filled with family, food, and fun. And although she still has a tremendous love for all things Cinderella, Flynn chose a new theme for her party this year...Spongebob. Yep. And you know what? She loved it. : )


Sunday morning we had a special Birthday Breakfast for our girl!
Peyton made Pumpkin Bread...her favorite.
And we sang and opened presents.



Then we decorated her party table, and Peyton made delicious chocolate cupcakes with her homemade peanut butter frosting!



Madison and Peyton helped Flynn get ready and then we took pictures with our birthday girl.









Then her guests arrived!
Grandma and Margie and Chris came.
And so did Uncle Greg, Aunt Sally, and Uncle Todd and Aunt Beth.
Aunt Beth even surprised Flynn with a plate of her delicious, soft sugar cookies!



We had Subway sandwiches and Cheese Broccoli Soup.
Flynn's Choice!

There were more presents and more singing and more smiles from our Flynn...


We played one of her new games...Shark Bite...and it was so fun!

And then, in her new pajamas, she and Nicolas put her Cinderella Lego set together.
After she said goodbye to all her guests, ate one more cupcake, and gave hugs and kisses, my baby girl went to bed for the first time as an eight year old.
And she was happy.

This morning, she snuggled in bed with me and held my hand.
She asked me to tell her what was going on in the minutes leading up to 8:24 A.M. And so I did.
I told her about Daddy standing beside me, and all the doctors and nurses helping to bring her into the world. I told her how Daddy was the first one to see her, and was the one to say, "It's a girl!!!".
I told her how I cried because I was so happy, and how I told Daddy to go over and see our girl. And how happy and thankful I was when the nurse and Daddy brought her, all bundled up, over so I could kiss her cheek. 

Eight years. 
Eight years I have had this girl beside me.
Thank you, Lord, for the gift of this baby girl. : )








26 comments:

  1. Oh goodness. This brought tears to my eyes. Happy wonderful "she is so loved" tears not "how did she get so big?" tears. Happy birthday to your sweet girl! May her heart always be that big and may she always feel as loved as she did yesterday. Good job mama, raising a group of kids who can love each other so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, a very Happy Birthday to Ms. Flynn. Wishes for many more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Flynn! What a beautiful post. Please never stop blogging. You are such an inspiration and give great hope that their is still good in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to Flynn!!! And I know you know this already but she looks so big and grown up! I love all these pictures of her with her family and those that love her the most. And I especially love the one of the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your posts are the happiest things!!!!! So full of love and quiet Joy and family, family, family. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful....

    So Happy Birthday, Lovely Flynn Grace!

    And I love it, how Nicholas interacts with her! Doing things with her, and even the precious 'goofy' picture.

    That young man knows how to impress, the family, of his Lady. :-)

    Happy, happy hugs,
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw such a wonderful birthday celebration!! Happy Birthday Miss Flynn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to your sweet Flynn!!! I loved seeing the photos of your celebration and your beautiful family. Hugs to you and Happy Thanksgiving my friend! Juli

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happiest of Birthdays to sweet Flynn. 8 is such a precious age. Looks like all had a wonderful time celebrating this sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Billie Jo~

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FLYNN!!!! What a darling girl! It feel like I know her, isn't that wonderful that she has so many people who love her?! It sounds like she had the perfect birthday, with all the people she loves. I love her birth story, last babies are always a treasure...so are first babies, second, and third too!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, Flynn! It sounds like you had a wonderful day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday to sweet Flynn! I can't believe she's 8 already. I have been following your blog for several years now and it's been so fun to watch your beautiful kiddos grow up. Thanks for sharing them with us. ;) You are such a special family.

    I hope that 8 is beyond great to precious Flynn! Wishing her many blessings and all her dreams come true. xoxo
    PS: Love the spongebob theme - so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Precious Flynn seems to have had the perfect birthday....so many presents, family, friends and good food. What more could one sweet little girl want. Happy 8th to Flynn and her special family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy happy birthday blessings sweet Flynn!!!
    Bridget turned 8 end of August and I still can't believe it...
    Can I tell you a secret? We've never even watched Sponge Bob!!
    Fun birthday for a fun girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes what a gift eight years ago and every day since. I'm so glad she's in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun celebration! Happy Birthday Flynn!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You do birthdays right, my friend. Happy Birthday to your sweet girl. Those happy pictures of her make my heart smile. That's a great one of the two of you at the end. My Matthew is loving Spongebob right now as well. I do not get it. Such a weird show.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy, happy, birthday to your sweet Flynn! Everything looks amazing and so festive! John would love the Spongebob theme! So glad you all enjoyed a happy celebration! Those cupcakes look amazing!
    Here's to 8 years old! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy birthday sweet girl! It looks like she had a great day! How can she be 8?!?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday to your beautiful 8 year old Flynn! She looks like she had a wonderful time surrounded by those she loves most in her life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday beautiful Flynn! Eight is great!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Eight is GREAT!!! Happy (belated) birthday to Flynn! It looks like a PERFECT day and a perfect way to celebrate. God bless you, Flynn!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a beautiful birthday. Happy belated Birthday to Flynn! You always make their Birthdays (really, everything!!!) so special.

    ReplyDelete
  23. awe what a beautiful post and What a party! Happy belated Birthday Flynn!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo