November 22, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well, my friends, it is here. The day before Thanksgiving. I love this day. It is a day of quiet preparation and anticipation. The turkey is thawing, the stuffing bread is waiting to be cut and dried, the pumpkin pies are waiting to be baked, and the holiday tablecloth is all ready to be ironed.

Tonight we will finish all the preparations, eat some Mexican takeout...I never cook the night before Thanksgiving...and settle in together. Thanksgiving morning we will eat turnovers and cinnamon rolls in our jammies while we watch The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. We will work together to prepare our meal...Steve and I are in charge of the turkey and gravy, Nicolas and Rhett will make the mashed potatoes, Peyton is making green bean casserole, Madison is doing her sweet potato casserole, and Flynn is in charge of table decorations.



After dinner, we will settle in for some Christmas movies and Peyton's amazing Pumpkin Pie. 



I hope you all enjoy your day with the people you love, in the way you enjoy.
Have a blessed and cozy Thanksgiving Day and weekend, my friends.
I will return here on Monday.
Friday will be a day of leftovers and marathons.
Television, not running.  
(As if actually telling you that were really necessary!)

Happy Thanksgiving!
I am thankful for many things, and among them...you.


P.S. Thankful to Pinterest too.




20 comments:

  1. I am thankful for your friendship, and pray this is the best Thanksgiving ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving and God bless you and yours.Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful!! Happy Thanksgiving!! How thankful I am for all my blogging friends
    Hugs,
    Saimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. My husband and son are cooking, thanks to my late surgery recovery. My husband bought home, gasp, FROZEN PIES!!! There's a funny story about that, but not up to retelling it right now, lol.

    A very Happy Thanksgiving to you. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so so so excited!!! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving Billie Jo! I hope you all enjoy your day! I'm so thankful for YOU! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thankful for your blog!!! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving! Sounds like you have the perfect Thanksgiving planned. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a lovely family time. I will be baking off and on all day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi!

    Sounds like the perfect Thanksgiving day to me!! Family, good food, movies...what else could a person ask for?!

    Happy Thanksgiving to you, Billie Jo, so thankful for you too!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds wonderful! Enjoy the time with your people.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am cozier just reading your post! What a fun evening and Thanksgiving day y'all have planned, and such a delicious sounding meal. I so enjoyed all of the pins, too :)

    Wishing you all a most blessed Thanksgiving!
    Jazzmin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. May you have a blessed and happy Thanksgiving with your people!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My dear, sweet friend, I am sure your Thanksgiving day was simply delightful {{smiles}} What a joy to be surrounded by your precious family and I just love how all of you work together.

    Please know that I am ever so thankful for YOU! Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how each one has a certain task for the day! I hope your day was joyful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Billie Jo, I never used to cook the night before Thanksgiving when the children were little either. We'd order pizza or something. Mexican take-out sounds very tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a wonderfully relaxing Thanksgiving! It's great to give the children a part to play in the big meal. I hope you had a wonderful week with your family! Blessings to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Your marathon joke had me laughing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo