One of the most wonderful things about this world of Blogging is meeting and connecting with amazing, inspirational friends we otherwise would never have the pleasure of meeting. Carrie from Northwoods Scrapbook is such a friend. And...she was sweet enough to include me in her list of blogs for the fun Liebster Award! Thank you, Carrie! If you are unfamiliar with this award, here is some information I borrowed/copy and pasted from her blog! You nominate blog friends who you enjoy reading and do the following...
• Nominate 7-10 (supposed to be 10) other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
• Answer the ten questions asked to you by the person who nominated you
• Make ten questions of your own for your nominees.
• Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.
• ALL THE NOMINEES ARE FREE TO ACCEPT OR REJECT THE NOMINATION
Here are the questions Carrie asked me:
1. What are some of your favorite hobbies?
Hmmmm. Reading, Baking, Napping, and Watching Mindless Reality TV.
2. Why did you begin blogging? How long do you think you'll continue?
I read blogs long before I started mine. I was so inspired by these women...I'm looking at you, Tara...that I gave it a try myself. I will continue as long as I enjoy it. : )
3. If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live and why?
In a log cabin in a deep woods by a beautiful lake with my people. And WiFi. : )
4.Do you have pets? How many?
One puppy. Named Kirby. Who sleeps in our bed. With a pillow.
5. What are your favorite foods? Do you do the cooking?
Pasta. Always pasta. And cereal. Any kind. And yes, I cook. With Peyton. : )
6. What is the best lesson you've ever learned?
As I have aged, I have learned to be myself! Life is too short to worry about pleasing others, fitting in, or being judged. I am happy just doing my thing.
7. If you could do any profession what would it be?
I am blessed to do this every single day. I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher.
8. Would you rather travel to the past or go forward to the future and why?
No question. Past. To be a 1950's housewife. : )
9. Do you prefer snail mail or email to send letters to friends or family?
Love walking to the mailbox and getting Real Mail!
10. You're shipwrecked on an island what one thing would you have to have with you?
My family. Period. : )
Here are the blogs I am nominating for this fun award:
- A Dash of Snark
- A Joyful Life!
- Endless Ways
- Lord, Make Me a Saint
- Loving My Family of 5
- Joy Beyond the Cross
- Stuff I Love
- A Spoonful Of Joy
- Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
And here are my questions for you!
- Favorite breakfast food?
- Coffee or tea?
- Favorite movie to watch anytime it's on?
- Early riser or stay up late?
- Donuts or muffins?
- Why do you enjoy blogging?
- Favorite television show?
- Favorite popular song?
- Could you go a week without your cell phone?
- Best childhood memory?