March 13, 2013

5 Things And A Liebster

So the awesome and adorable Brooke from dietel days tagged me in post and I was thrilled! Brooke is a super sweet mommy with the cutest little girls! I am supposed to share 5 things about myself and answer her questions before I tag 5 ladies myself. So here we go...

5 Things... I did a 5 Things Post recently and if you are really interested in how I once had a cat  that I thought was a Chelsea that turned out to be a Chester...here is the link.


Now on to Brooke's questions for me...

1. Do you subscribe to any magazines, and if so what are they?
    Love to read, mostly books, but I do get Real Simple which I
    love with my afternoon coffee...


 2. Best dessert you ever had?
   
     Oh Brooke, how much time do you have? I love dessert.
      Period.  But if I had to pick,  I'd say the sweet piece of
      baby cake I had at each of my Proud Parent
      Dinners before I left the hospital with my brand new baby.

3. If money didn't matter what is the one thing you would
    splurge on right now?

    Hmmm, probably a new house for my parents.


4. Dream vacay? DISH!

    Ok, so you know how exciting and adventurous I am, right?
    So I'd say a week at a beautiful log cabin overlooking a
    crystal clear lake with a huge
    front porch. We would swim and fish and read
    and I would bake and swing on a hammock in the yard. We
    would play board games and watch
    movies. The beds would be super clean with fresh smelling
    quilts and white sheets. We would be
    all alone, just the six of us, with WI FI of course! : )


5. Share something that made you smile or LaughOutLoud
    today.

     Flynn answering the phone today and expecting
    every person to be her Daddy, and then trying
    to convince them that they should indeed be Steve.


6. If there was one thing that you could learn how to do
    what would it be?

     Ok...sew. Like I seriously cannot thread a needle.
     At all. It is sad.


7. What are your hobbies?

     Hobbies? Hmmmm does this count? Ok, reading, and
     playing with my kids.


8. Summer plans?

     Being outside! Walking outside. Eating outside. Oh and
     sitting on the porch eating Dairy Queen.


9. Do you hit the "snooze" button in the morning and
    if so how many times?

    Never. For real. I have this weird ability to get right up
     and get going. I know, right?


10. If your day had a soundtrack what would be the top 3 songs?

      Anything by The Fresh Beat Band. : )

 Ok... so here are the awesome blogger friends I am tagging...


Sarah, Valerie, Kari, Sarah, and Megan.


Here are your questions, and don't forget to nominate 5 people and to share 5 things about yourself!!


1. Would you rather drink coffee or tea?

2.  Who is your favorite television mom of all time?

3.   What color was your first prom dress, and do you
       still have it?

4.   What is your favorite meal to eat? And to prepare?

5.    What is your ideal day? Staying home, or going out?

6.    What is your favorite movie ever?

7.     What is your best memory of  High School?

8.     How did you choose you first child's name?

9.     What is the most random thing about you?

10.    Which of your child's tv shows would you choose to run
         for a 24 hour marathon in your home?

Thanks, Brooke! That was fun!















6 comments:

  1. Love your answers! #3 was so sweet! Oh and I can not believe that you get up right away! I wish I could!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just keep getting to know you better, and better, and better!!!

    I'll have to dig up some pics and write up my answers for tomorrow!!!

    Thanks for tagging me friend,

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to add...oh how I wish we were neighbors!!! I would love to teach you to sew! You, your daughters with me and Mary Catherine! It would be a grand time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for choosing me for the questions, I don't think I even have enough followers to tag 5 people. I'm still so new at blogging, but I don't mind still answering your questions.


    1. Would you rather drink coffee or tea? I don't really like the regular hot coffee, but I do like frappe's and I enjoy raspberry tea

    2. Who is your favorite television mom of all time? Donna Reed

    3. What color was your first prom dress, and do you
    still have it? I never went to prom, but I did go to homecoming my sophomore year and I wore a mint green sleeveless bridesmaid dress I wore for my brother's wedding from eighth grade.

    4. What is your favorite meal to eat? And to prepare? Other than cereal being my favorite. I do enjoy a sandwich with turkey, lettuce, avocado, tomato, mayo, on a croissant or berry wheat bread. I like preparing meals I know my husband enjoys like with ribs or steak.

    5. What is your ideal day? Staying home, or going out? I enjoy staying home till I can't take it any longer. The kids can get cabin fever very quickly since they are all so young, so we try to go out to a park or something.

    6. What is your favorite movie ever? Not sure about this one, I do like the Count of Monte Cristo quite a bit, but I'm not sure if I would say it is my favorite.

    7. What is your best memory of High School? I didn't really like High school itself, but I did enjoy helping with retreats at local Catholic churches.

    8. How did you choose you first child's name? We decided when we found out we were having a baby, that if the baby was a girl we would name her after the patron saint of our wedding day: which happened to be St. Lucia or St. Lucy (December 13th)

    9. What is the most random thing about you? I am very indecisive and it takes me a long time to make a decision about anything. I don't like having a lot of choices. I like things to be simple.

    10.Which of your child's tv shows would you choose to run
    for a 24 hour marathon in your home? Oh gosh, I don't think I could ever let this happen. We don't have a t.v., just internet and dvd's and usually limit their viewing to 30 to 45 minutes at a time, usually twice a day. They love Max and Ruby and Thomas the train, but I just couldn't let the show run more than an hour. I'd be going crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your answers! I am the same way with the snooze. My thought if I want to sleep in just set the clock a little later.
    I am looking forward to answering your questions on my blog this weekend! Great questions.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo