Good Monday morning, my friends! How was your weekend? It was good here, with an equal balance of productivity and relaxation. I caught up on laundry, planned the first week of homeschool for Flynn, and did some Sunday morning meal prep. I boiled some eggs, chopped and roasted some sweet potatoes, and sliced a pineapple and cantaloupe. We went to Mass, out to dinner, and hung out at the condo, went swimming, and took a couple of naps.
I had been slacking on my morning walks for the past couple of weeks because, honestly, I could not deal with the humidity. Today, the weather was lovely, and Mocha and I resumed our morning routine. And, I think, although it may be wishful thinking, that I felt the tiniest flicker of autumn in the air. Just sayin'.
Dinner last night was taco bowls. This is always a favorite here and so simple. I cook some rice in the rice cooker, which, by the way, we use all the time, chop some lettuce, tomatoes, and avocado, shred some cheese, heat some corn, and cook some ground beef with taco seasonings. I add some Greek yogurt in place of sour cream, and there you have it. So good!
Flynn spotted the faintest rainbow in the sky when we were at the condo Saturday night.
Lastly, Mocha is happy with the snuggly new blankets I got for fall.
And remember:
Happy Monday!
Billie Jo








Hello! Your weekend sounds perfect and that taco bowl looks amazing!! It was 52 degrees when I got up this morning and it was wonderful. It still will be summer for a while, but Fall is coming!! Have a great week.
ReplyDeleteWe ALSO love a rice cooker. We got one as a wedding present and it died about a year and a hald ago and we bought another because we truly use it so much. Autumn is coming. Now that the kids are back at school... bring on the pumpkins.
ReplyDeleteIt was fun catching up with you today! Mocha is adorable!!! I can't wait for there to be some autumn in the air, its been such a hot summer I'm so ready for it! I hope you and your daughter have a wonderful school year, we are hoping to start this week as well!
ReplyDeleteI love my rice cooker!
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo....we are having taco bowls tonight...my favorite too!! so easy and so tasty. Enjoyed seeing the photos and all of the little ducks...Nature photos are so neat... Wishing Flynn a wonderful school year. Mylee began her college journey this morning... Blessings to you and. yours Billie Jo.
ReplyDeleteThe taco bowl looks SO good! I'm going to try it! And I see the faint rainbow! And you have your ducks all in a row! The temps are starting down towards fall temps here! Well, in the eighties. Which is better than 95!
ReplyDeleteAlec got a rice cooker from a friend for his high school graduation and we've just finally started using it (nearly 3 years later!)... but I am loving it! I haven't quite figured out how much to cook at one time yet but at least it always comes out perfectly. We've all been talking lately that the weather has that hint of fall in it too (of course it comes much quicker up here!).
ReplyDeleteWe've worn two rice cookers out with our Japanese houseguests in Spokane. We've not replaced the last one although I don't know why. Your taco. bowls look delicious. We're having a great time in the Black Hills. Curt & Barb left this morning so we're on our own now.
ReplyDeleteBlessings and hugs,
Betsy
I love my rice cooker too. And now I think taco bowls are going on the menu - Yum!
ReplyDelete