August 10, 2026

Monday Morning Coffee


Good Monday morning, my friends! I hope you had a nice weekend, however you chose to spend it. We had a quiet weekend around here, all while the heat and humidity fought a battle to prove who is the most evil of them all. They are still at it, by the way. 

Steve was up in PA for the weekend, visiting with Peyton and Chris. Rhett and Flynn worked on Saturday, which meant I had an entire day home alone with three pups. I had big plans of accomplishing great things. I did not. While I did Swiffer my bathroom floor, scrub a few toilets, and polish the kitchen sink, I spent much of the day on the couch with a book and the TV remote. I contend that the dogs are happier that way, and who am I to neglect the well-being of three sweet pups? Sunday, Flynn and I went to morning mass, stopped for a Dunkin refresher on the way home, ordered takeout wings for dinner, and watched Big Brother. 
 

I didn't need to worry about dinner on Saturday. Madison dropped off one of my favorites...my mom's goulash. And she even grated fresh Parmesan cheese too. 


She also brought me these beautiful flowers from the farmer's market. They are absolutely perfect!


We kept up with Steve, Peyton, and Chris all weekend, and they seemed to be having a good time.


And when it is unbearably hot and humid, Dukin refreshers are the way to go. Pineapple Mango for Flynn and Strawberry Dragonfruit for me. We got them with green tea, but lemonade is good too.

I know that we are still in the depths of summer, and I am much more cognizant of living in the moment now that I am... ahem... older. I do, however, love the thought that autumn is near. In fact, I think that I enjoy the anticipation of autumn and all it entails as much as autumn itself. Well, almost. This is the time I can look at fall images, recipes, decor, and movies, and make all sorts of plans and ideas. For example, maybe I will make this recipies this fall:


Or plan to watch all the movies...


Or take a walk on the perfect autumn day.


I can think about 





And 


So, as we enjoy the remaining days of summer, I can also find happiness in the anticipation of all the autumn, coziness, and pumpkin spice that is just around the corner.


Happy Monday, my friends. And to be completely transparent, I am already using Pumpkin Spice creamer in my coffee. Just couldn't wait. 

Billie Jo

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like YOU my dear friend had an easy and very relaxing day. Even a tad bit spoiled by Madison by not only a warm delicious looking meal, topped with Parmesan cheese.....and then a beautiful bouquet of flowers. LOVE IT!! I always go for the strawberry dragonfruit refreshers. So good... I am looking forward to Fall and visiting here today has certainly made my morning delightful. Have a good one Billie Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely weekend! It's nice to just have a quiet day - and then to be spoiled with a meal dropped off and flowers? You are blessed! It made me happy to read all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely weekend was had by all - even the pups! I'm sure they much prefer coffee and couch time over cleaning toilets and sinks. Have to rely on that wisdom:) Happy Monday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find joy in the anticipation of Autumn too, my friend. And I love those last three pictures and quotes, especially the poetry one. That's nice that Steve got to visit with Peyton, and what a nice picture of them all. Madison's goulash looks delicious, and that homemade parmesan is extra special. Your white vase with flowers is so pretty, and I think I see a Carnation in there.
    Try to stay cool from the heat and humidity. We have warm days here in California right now, but no humidity. I love your Goofy cup, by the way. You coffee cups always delight me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo