August 5, 2026

If You

 If you...

~ Think August through December is the very best time of the year

~ Go to bed at night dreaming of that first cup of coffee

~ Spend too much time worrying about what might happen

~ Sometimes feel homesick for a time and a place that no longer exists

~ Vow to eat healthy but still love the occasional drive-thru at McDonald's

~ Miss plastic sippy cups, Sesame Street, Barbies, and dump trucks all over your house

~ Wish you could see your grandma sitting in her chair drinking coffee one more time 

~ Seriously wonder how you are now older than the teachers you had in school

~ Sometimes feel overwhelmed even though you are doing way less than you used to do

~ Have a much smaller circle of people in your life and are much happier about that

~ Love sweatshirt time because bras are optional

~ Or feel blessed beyond measure for the people in your life...

You are not alone.

Happy Wednesday, my friends.

Billie Jo



20 comments:

  1. Yes, to all of this (except I'm not a coffee drinker). August thru December is absolutely the BEST time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up, but I am many of these things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Yes, I really relate to some of these, my friend. I never knew my grandmothers that much; I guess cause I was the youngest, and by that time, they had left this world, but I knew one grandmother for a short time. And I still love that occasional drive-through to McDonald's.....or Taco Bell or In-N-Out, for that matter hehehe. I don't like bras anymore, although sometimes they are required. Yes, I miss all the kids' toys around the house. Such beautiful memories. And Yes, that first cup of coffee - there's nothing like it. I'm having mine right now reading your precious blog. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is me, except the coffee. How can it possibly be that I am. 66 years old? My Mom died at 67 and she seemed much older than I feel. I'm ready for some beautiful cool weather to come and stay too.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just want to hug you tight dear Friend - you have described me in almost every way too! We are definitely soul sisters. 💗

    ReplyDelete
  6. I check the box with about all of these. And have really gotten a lot of fall decorating done so far. Because in my mind, it IS fall! The thing about so much information is so amazing! But it is sure true. Our brains must be so overloaded. I hate bras! Even in hot weather, I will wear a sweater because I am not wearing a bra!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can check lots of those boxes. My kids still play with the Barbies. And even though they make a mess... I wouldn't trade it for the world because LET THEM BE LITTLE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Billie Jo! I'm right there with you on all of these things, (especially the one about bras being optional). Hope you have a slow and cozy day! Those are the best kind. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great graphics here, Billie Jo! Lately I"ve started leaving my phone in another room so I can't even hear the little dingle announcing new text messages and emails. That has helped me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it 👍🏻
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. That list of things truly describes how I feel. God bless you, dear friend. I truly enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely, Billie Jo!! Amen! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great post Billie Joe and a lovely read too. Thank you my friend and a happy continued week to you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Billie Jo, sorry. My fingers don’t know the buttons they are pushing lately 🌺

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, Billie Jo, I really appreciate this post. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great list, especially the bra part.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes to these! Sending lots of love, Billie Jo. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I needed this today! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo