February 26, 2024

Monday Morning Coffee

 

Good Monday morning! How was your weekend? We spent the weekend at the condo, and I actually exercised both days. Yes, I moved parts of my body other than the usual right-hand turning pages of a book. I swam Saturday and Sunday mornings, all by myself, in a quiet pool, and it felt great! Because I was the first awake, I waited until Steve was up to head to the pool. Once I swam, I headed back up to shower and was ready for the day. Because I am an early riser,  I am treated to sights like this one on Saturday morning.

The photo does not come close to capturing how amazing it was, but I am glad I got something, especially since I had two antsy dogs with me, ready to go out! Sunday morning was beautiful as well.


In addition to swimming and staring at the sunrise, I also watched Gilmore Girls with my people, attended a beautiful mass, ate a delicious dinner of homemade pierogies in a Pittsburgh Steeler-inspired restaurant and bar in the middle of Baltimore Raven territory, and took a couple cozy naps. Last night, we returned to the house, and Flynn and I watched The Walking Dead, The Ones Who Live!!!! 

( Google )

If you are a fan of The Walking Dead, you know how happy and excited we are. If you haven't seen The Walking Dead, just know that the original series began in 2010 and was on TV for twelve years. This short series reunites us with some of our most beloved characters and was so well written and acted that it gave us chills! It is so neat to be watching with Flynn because I remember vividly watching the original Walking Dead premiere in 2010, late at night, rocking a not-yet-one-year-old Flynn in my arms. 


However, The best part of my weekend was talking with my beautiful mom on the phone. Hearing her voice say my name and tell me she loves me and is happy is something I do not take for granted. Each time my sister Margie calls me and hands my mom the phone, I am overcome with happiness and love. Margie sent me this picture of my mom in her room looking out the window onto my hometown's little main street. I thought of all the times she drove on that same street, taking us to school, getting groceries, going to church, and visiting her father and mother in the place she now calls home. I saw the beauty of life in that one beautiful picture of my mom.


Have a cozy Monday, my friends.
I will be around to visit today!

Billie Jo







21 comments:

  1. That sunrise is beautiful! I don't know which one I love more: a sunrise or a sunset. It may depend on where I am. How wonderful to talk to your mom and to see that picture of her! That is such a beautiful sight to behold, and I know your heart filled with gratitude over hearing her voice on the phone. Enjoy your day today, my friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weekend sounds amazing! What a blessing that you are able to talk with your precious mother on the phone. Seeing that picture of her brings memories of my own dear mother who now calls Heaven her home. Oh...and I love the mug in the first picture! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was an early riser by choice. I do rise early to go to work, but I love to stay up and and sleep to 8:30 on my days off. However, I feel so much more productive when I get up early!
    Sounds like a wonderful weekend and your words on your sweet mom are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful sunrise, the colors are amazing. Looks like you had a perfect weekend. Have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGGGGG - I need to check out the new Walking Dead series ... it just wasnt the same after Ricky left

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sunrise photos are unbelievably gorgeous!!! What fun you've been having!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for moving that bod and loving your beautiful God-given temple. I keep moving and figure as I age as long as I move it - I won't lose it. Lol Such a beautiful place you get to enjoy!! And love that sweet pic of your gorgeous Momma. ;) I will watch the Walking Dead in the future- promise. Matt will make sure of it! But fully into watching The Good Wife seasons. Such clever writing and fun court cases etc. Love the shamrock background! Blessings. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed those beautiful sunrise photos! Sounds like a peaceful weekend. So glad your mother is happy. Such a sweet photo of her. Enjoy your week at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That photo of your mom speaks volumes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that picture of your mom. I wonder what she was thinking...

    ReplyDelete
  11. The picture of your mom makes me happy for you and sad for me. I would love to hear my mom again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Billie Jo. I am a early riser too, and I love to take sunrise pictures. I find that I am so much more productive when I am up earlier. That is a sweet picture of your mom. You early morning swimming workouts sound very nice. So glad that you enjoyed your time at your condo. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those pictures are amazing! And I love to swim in pools :) I'm not an ocean or lake kind of person, as far as swimming goes, but I love to swim in a good pool. Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What beautiful pictures. I am also an early riser and many times look at beautiful sun rise

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice to be an early morning person to see beautiful sunsets and watch the start of a new day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What beautiful pictures. I think your day sounds just wonderful. I'm so glad that you shared about your mother, I can just hear the love in the words you wrote about her. God bless you my dear friend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love both of the full circle moments. They are what really make life sweet. And those sunrises are beautiful. So glad you got to enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a precious picture of your Mom - amazing how the scenes change, and how her life revolved around visits to that home, and now she lives there. So thankful your sister keeps you both connected. Your weekend at the condo sounds wonderful - swims are the best along with the early morning sunrise, amazing to see!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo