February 12, 2024

Monday Morning Coffee Talk

Good Monday morning! We had balmy weather over the weekend, but expect a winter storm tonight! Saturday felt and smelled like spring. You know what I mean? Tomorrow is supposed to look and feel like winter. We shall see!


Saturday was a wonderful day! Here, I am documenting that fact with a car selfie. Do we even take selfies anymore? Is there an age limit on selfie-taking? What exactly is selfie-taking etiquette? Anyway, Steve and I traveled to see Mom on Saturday! 

We had a wonderful visit! My sister Margie and her husband joined us there, and after Mom's lunch, we visited and played cards. My mom loves cards. Many of my favorite memories include late nights of 500 with my mom, grandma, and uncles around a card table for hours. This day, we played Go Fish, and Mom was the winner! After a wonderful visit with her, we spent some time at Margie's before heading home, filled with happiness for the blessing of an afternoon with my mom.

Waiting at home for us? This cute little thing! 


As well as this much more sophisticated one.


The rest of the weekend passed in a blur of dinner with the kids, writing out bills and cards, and debating whether or not to make the bed. Spoiler: I didn't. Steve made hot sausage sandwiches for dinner last night, and we watched the game together. Congratulations to the winners as well as the others, who I hesitate to call losers because playing the sport you love in the most crucial game of the year really doesn't constitute losers to me, although I am sure they feel horrible. The highlight for me was Post Malone and his guitar, singing America the Beautiful. His rendition was a much-needed break and was respectfully beautiful in an over-the-top, chaotic, dizzying, commotion-filled arena. Plus. I love his music. 

Today, we will homeschool, wait for the storm, and eat leftover hot sausage. Later this week, we plan on heading back to the other house for a month or so. Yay! Have a cozy day, my friends. Thanks for visiting!

Billie Jo









21 comments:

  1. I love the posts which include your mom. Oh how I miss mine and it’s been sixteen years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend. I love your eyeglass frames! You are always so festive. I do try to celebrate each holiday in some way, also. Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Billie Jo,
    Your Mom looking so happy in that picture is priceless!
    It means so much for them when the children come to visit with them.
    Wish I could have done that more but there was an expensive ocean in–between. Nevertheless we went 66 times (when Dad was still alive) and a total of 67 for me when I went to pick up some of their estate items back in The Netherlands. Fond memories and those happy faces are worth it!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    PS today is Mom's heavenly B'day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and the snow after the springtime weather? Mother Nature sure is moody.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bet you didn't know that when Post Malone came out I thought of you! I think we can offer up congratulations to everyone who isn't Tony Romo because everything that came out of his mouth was annoying. But everyone played their hearts out and they were clearly well matched.

    So glad you got time with your mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite part of the Superbowl was the commercials. What a great family photo, I bet your Mom was so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes...wasn't the weekend gorgeous! So nice to hear birds singing in the morning again...but we are supposed to get our snow tomorrow. Do you think our plants are like, "What time is it exactly?" Glad you were able to spend that special time with your mom. She's so sweet. And that you also spent time with your sister and brother-in-law. Good job, Steve, for making those hot sausage sandwiches! Have a good remainder to your week at the other house, my friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never taken a selfie. I hate pictures of myself!!! :)
    Sounds like you enjoyed your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice that you had precious family time with your mom. Love the photos. I don't know about etiquette for selfies, but yours turned out great. Cute glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi BIllie Jo! So glad you had a nice visit with your mom. That is such a cute picture of you and your sister with your mom. Hot sausage sandwiches sound delicious! Enjoy your time at your "other" home. We may be that same sort of thing (two houses) before two long. We shall see. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that photo with your mom. She looks so happy with you two. My Dad always loved playing cards too. I know you cherish your time with her.
    Your hot sausage sandwich sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a special post. I loved the photo of you, your sister and Mom. She looks so happy. I just posted about finding a new place for my Mom-in-love. We're moving her on Friday. She can no longer stay in her independent apartment and is going to Assisted Living. It's closer to us, only five blocks away so that will be good. But you still always wonder if it's the right choice. We want the best for her and sure hope this is it.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a nice weekend! So nice that you are still making card-playing memories:) I have to admit, I have not heard of 500 - the card game. Hmmm. Cards, for us, simply means UNO:) We had some snow flurries this morning but I do know others were supposed to get much more. Hope you are cozy inside - snow or no snow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have been busy visiting but the weather was awful, rain, rain…

    ReplyDelete
  15. Billie Jo, I LOVE your red glasses! Happy Valentine's Day:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you had a great weekend! Very nice post! Be strong and have many more weekends like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think selfies are still in but I don't do them because I never like myself in them. You look fabulous! What a great day with your mom, along with your sister and brother in law. How fun that you played cards with her. The pups are so cute. We enjoyed watching the game. They both played so well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Friend! I love that you do selfies and I always want to see your beautiful mug! So keep up the great work. 😉 And love to see your sweet Mom too - sounds like it was a lovely weekend. We enjoyed the game too! And I loved seeing the Post Malone moment too. I really like him also. 🤩
    Blessings on your week ahead. xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. It sounds like a very nice weekend, Billie Jo. You've made me think it's time to take some brats out of the freezer and cook some up. They will go great with some sour kraut I opened recently. :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just love your blog. There is such a cozy feel when I read it.

    I got a question for you and your readers. I'm trying to find current/active blogs, that still have this classic blogspot feel, that talk about all the holidays - decorating for them, cooking and baking for them...stuff like that. Do any of you know of any? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was wondering the same thing, haha, are selfies taken any more? Well, I still take them with the girls at times, so I guess so. What a wonderful visit with your mother. So good you got to spend time with her and your sister. Go Fish has to be my favorite card game. This is such a cute picture of you in your glasses! And I so LOVE your cups that you share on your "Monday Morning" posts. Have a great rest of the week, my friend.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo