February 16, 2024

Friday Photos

Hello! Happy Friday! How was your Valentine's Day? Madison and Nicolas invited us to a Valentine's Day dinner at their house. She served her most delicious macaroni and cheese with steamed broccoli, and Nicolas made unbelievable chocolate lava cakes! 




She had her table set beautifully, with a chocolate heart at each place setting. I noticed immediately because that is how I used to set our Valentine's table. What a wonderful feeling it is, as a mother, to watch your children grow and carry special parts of their childhood with them into their adult lives. 

Although we couldn't be together for this special day like we used to be all those years ago, we did share pictures of our meals, and I was so proud of and happy for my children. Peyton made seafood lasagna and a skillet cookie for herself and Christopher...



And Kyrstin prepared a delicious looking meal of chicken parmesan and chocolate-covered strawberries for Rhett and her.


Although we may not realize it then, the simple acts of love, care, and fun we share with our children become a part of who they are and what they want to repeat in their adult lives.

In other news, we packed up the car late yesterday afternoon, hopped in, and ended up back here!


Yep! We are back at the beach for a bit, looking forward to a cozy winter here. I'll leave you with this Google image that may or may not illustrate portions of our drive.


Guess which one is me!

Oh, and here is a cozy puppy picture because we should end the week in a cozy way.


Have a nice weekend, my friends. Thanks for visiting. I'm always happy you do!

Billie Jo

Oh! One more thing! I received a nice comment on a post earlier this week. Please feel free to comment on any blogs you know of, including yours!


I just love your blog. There is such a cozy feel when I read it.

I got a question for you and your readers. I'm trying to find current/active blogs, that still have this classic blogspot feel, that talk about all the holidays - decorating for them, cooking and baking for them...stuff like that. Do any of you know of any? Thank you!


 




















22 comments:

  1. What wonderful celebrations you all had! Love to see the special meals and they all look so yummy!! I must say I'm a teensy bit jealous as we have snow this morning in Nebraska and I'm really wishing for warm temps! Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss those blogs also! Your blog does feel cozy! Have a great time! Our kids have passed and I truly enjoy your posts about you and your children being happy together. It brings a happy feeling into my heart. Have a great time, please share and I will be following the comments! ~jackiesee~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your celebrations! And how your kids have carried them on. So glad you're back at the beach and I hope you can enjoy your cozy snuggles there just as much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone's food looks so good. How awesome that you all share pictures when you aren't together. You've done wonderful with your family!! It's cold and rainy here and it's supposed to turn to snow soon. As soon as I leave work I'm going home to get cozy and make a pan pizza for dinner. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited for you that your kids carry on some of the traditions from their childhood. Both of ours have done the same things down through the years and it does make it fun for us as parents to see them do so. Like you said, it does take so little effort to show we care...and it does mean something to the kiddos.

    Enjoy your winter at the beach house! You deserve some nice warm sunshiny days. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a lovely Valentine's Day and all of the food your posted look delicious. Enjoy your time at the beach. Sounds lovely. Your pup looks adorable. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Billie Jo. I love your Valentine's Day traditions, and that your children are carrying them on. Enjoy your time back at the beach. What a blessing to have two wonderful homes. Have a cozy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I'm hungry looking at all of the yummy Valentines goodies you shared. MMMmmm! And yay for back to the beach! So fun that you can hop back and forth. Always love seeing your posts from your cozy sweet blog. Blessings. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. The table is gorgeous, and I noticed the beautiful plates first. I am now drooling over this delicious food! I love that you have a light on in each window!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your kids all did great at cooking and setting a beautiful place for Valentines Day!
    Have fun at the beach house!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like a delicious dinner with some of your family. The shrimp lasagna and heart shaped cookie looks really good. Unfortunately we can't have shrimp as our adult daughter is allergic to shell fish. We ate out on Feb 14th at it was my birthday. I have more of it on my post. Enjoy your time at the coast! It's been awhile since I've been to the coast. Maybe next week or not?! I have to be careful how much I spend for now. Have a blessed weekend-Becky

    ReplyDelete
  12. All those dinners look amazing! I know you're proud of your kids for continuing on in your endeavors. I love that you had one that invited you over for dinner! I hope ours do that someday! Yay for being back at the beach; I can't wait to see some more pictures of what it's like there currently. It's so nice to have somewhere to escape to! As for the person who commented on your blog, if you have a blog roll that you read, you should direct her there. Or direct her to the one on the sidebar on my blog; there are lots there to read that all have similar feels!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our children absorb a lot from us! Amazing really!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How beautiful it is to spend time with your family and to feel that you have given them everything they need. Thanks for the post. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how you've passed on your tradition of celebrating the holidays. All of the food looks delicious. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's always lovely seeing your time with your adult children, Billie Jo. What a lovely table your Madison set. I love it when my children carry on the same traditions that they had growing up. Does a Mama's heart well. Have a great time at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It’s so very special to be able to spend time with our adult children! Enjoy your time away!

    ReplyDelete
  18. All looks delicious! I would love to know where Peyton got that heart shaped skillet pan. That's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the way your family shares their meals and all the holiday fun, even if you can't be together. Have a wonderful time at the beach house!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Enjoy the beach house. The lava cake and skillet cookie look great. As you can tell, I have a sweet tooth.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My driving illustration would have included me gasping, pushing my feet into the floorboard, telling David how to drive :) You missed all of that! :)

    And I have found that the best way to seek out blogs is to look on the sidebars and visit some of the blogs that my blogging friends also follow. I don't follow anyone who has ads popping up or who are too polished and fake. I follow regular bloggers who share their days.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Madison's table looks so simple and lovely. I really like those blue dishes. All the food on here looks delicious, but what got me the most was that chicken parmesan. There's nothing like Italian food! That is the cutest heart-shaped skillet, and Peyton's dessert looks wonderful. It's nice that you are settling into the condo for a time this winter. When driving, I am not a good passenger at all. Makes me nervous haha, but I do appreciate when someone else can drive. ; )

    Enjoy the rest of the February days, Billie Jo.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo